Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have this info on the PZEV? Does it vary depending on what gear you're in?

I still have 500 miles till break-in and refuse to floor it till then (not that it needs to be, just wondering). If nobody knows I'll check it out myself in 500 miles and report.[:)] Thanks.

·
Gan-San!
2,769 Posts
actually, I spoke to my dealer and he said that no break in is nessessary. "New world for cars out there." is exactly the way he put it. I hope he wasn't BS'n me...

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
focusonthefocus said:
actually, I spoke to my dealer and he said that no break in is nessessary. "New world for cars out there." is exactly the way he put it. I hope he wasn't BS'n me...
In some other, less friendly and enlightened forum, you might be told to RTFM.

I will politely inform you that the dealer is correct. This information is contained in the owner's manual.

(This does not change the fact that I kept my PZEV under about 4K rpm for the first 1000 miles. Heck, even now with a whopping 3500 miles I still tend to shift between 3-4K in normal everyday traffic, and only push to about 5K very infrequently when I need the squirt.)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting. I know the manual only states to 'vary' the speed for the first 1000 miles so I just sorta added that to my usual break-in procedures. I guess that would mean the dealer is correct. Just can't bring myself to do that to a brand new car. Certainly, taking it easy for the first 1000 (2000? 3000?) couldn't hurt.

lol I just realized the number of people interested in this info on the atx could probably be counted on 1 hand. As such I probably shouldn't have posted. Please forgive my noobness. [:)]

I do wish I could've gotten the 5-spd even with traffic in the Wash. D.C. area being the nightmare that it is. Nothing quite like the feeling of matching revs in a perfectly timed heel and toe downshift while double de-clutching. Unfortunately, I'm not the only one who will be driving the car. Happy motoring all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts