Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
108 sounds like where Ford usually/used to set the speed governor.

·
Registered
144 Posts
why would u wanna do more then 108 in a focus ... with an auto specially sounds dangerous small brakes no gear to help u slow down bad aerodynamics probably pushing ur engine so hard it causing damage .. im not saying i havnt gone fast cus ive dont 178 mpg on a bike and 165 in a buddys rx7 but they where built for that not a focus specilly a mk1 that got alot of miles .. ur just gonna end up hurting ur self or ur motor or a nice cops gonna see u and get yeah ... just my 2 cents if ur gonna go over a 100 u should always be in a car or bike that u know u can safely get away from the cops in i say hahaha

·
Registered
744 Posts
A tune can remove the speed governor.. i heard once someone went past the speedo.. i wouldnt recommend it.

·
Registered
485 Posts
i hit 110 in my atx before it cut just stopped

·
Registered
282 Posts
112mph here :) And like 1hotfocus said, you can do a tune to remove the "gov-na"...after that I seem to remember someone saying they hit 120-130?

·
Registered
152 Posts
i hit 120 in 3rd gear at 6700 rpm with an svt bolted to an atx.

·
WRX/Focus:)
4,940 Posts
why would u wanna do more then 108 in a focus ... with an auto specially sounds dangerous small brakes no gear to help u slow down bad aerodynamics probably pushing ur engine so hard it causing damage ..
[confused][welcome]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts