Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been talking to my father and he said that he would help with some of the mods on the Focus. I was wondering if this would hammer my poor ATX too much until I could get it built up.

Iceman CAI
FC 65mm TB
Ported 2K intake mani
Crower Stage 1s
Fidanza Cam gears
FS Race Header
FC flex
FS Cat-back w/stealth package(Keepin the sound down a little)
Ford-chip

That is the long list. I don't want to do the UDP for the sake of not sweating my ass off in the black car in the summer.

Help please

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have an ATX and Jackson racing says that the trans handles the power OK but I would still build it up a little bit after the mods - if the trans can handle a supercharger then I think it can handle the mods listed, by the way that's a good mod packadge..... It will definately not be dissapointing when you press on the gas pedal [burnout]

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I am gonna be getting probably the cams and cam gears with dad's help. We will see. It will still be kinda slow.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
01FOCUSSE20 said:
I have an ATX and Jackson racing says that the trans handles the power OK but I would still build it up a little bit after the mods - if the trans can handle a supercharger then I think it can handle the mods listed, by the way that's a good mod packadge..... It will definately not be dissapointing when you press on the gas pedal [burnout]
this is some bad advice, sorry to call you out but I know for a fact that the stock auto trans will not last long under s/c conditions.

I have seen it too many times.

Jisturm, the problem lies in the revs, its the high revving of the engine that will accelerate the trans wear. So the thing is, you can have all those mods, but the problem will be in you driving it hard.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gotcha and thanks. I will probably forego the Cams for now and build up the ATX then get them.

John, I had a UDP on my previous Focus and in the summer it got hot as hell in the car even with the AC on full blast. In an ATX it is a lot harder to rev it a t a light to get in cooler in the car. So, YES, it does effect the AC.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I totally agree. the higher Hp levels and higher rev's are gonna kill it eventually trust me i have first hand experience. if not you will have mad slippage and who wants that.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
dude, get a tranny sawp. either get a manual tanny with heavy duty cluth, or lentach automatic. the stock tranny wont do it,,,even stock,,it acts funny.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Personally I like Lentech. They have been pioneers in the Ford transmissions for years and have an outstanding reputation. I am puting down any other company but these are the people i am getting my transmission from. Also you can talk to 1turbofocus for more information he got his from Lentech and that is the Tranny i will be going with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts