Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
FF Bouncer
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday (02/02/06) I went to Logan Motorsports in South Elgin, IL. They have a dynanometer that connects directly to each of the front hubs, so the car turns the machine from the hubs. I was expecting to see one of those roller dyno's that I've been more exposed to, but they said that this kind of dyno would be more accurate than a traditional roller dyno.

In the end, they Advancing both of my cams 6*.

122.5 WHP @ 5400 RPMS
137.1 ft/lb WTQ @ 4200RPMs

At my peak WHP (122.5), I have 119.8 ft/lb WTQ and that's at 5375RPMs.

I'm quite pleased with the results and I think that with a little more tuning time I can squeeze out a few more hp/tq!

Here is a list of my engine modifications so far.

*SCT X-Calibrator 2
*Pipercross Viper Induction Kit
*Ported Throttle Body
*Ported 2000 Intake Manifold
*Ford Racing Stage II Cams
*Focus Central Adjustable Cam Gears /w ARP Cam Bolts
*Focus Central 2 Piece UDP Kit
*Screamin' Demon Coil /w Focus Live Wires
*Denso Iridium Spark Plugs (Gapped to .065mm - 1 Step Colder)
*180 Degree Thermostat
*Focus Central 4-2-1 Race Header /w Heat Wrap
*TruBendz 2.5" Stainless Steel Flex Pipe /w Heat Wrap
*TruBendz 2.5" Stainless Steel Flex-Back Exhaust /w Borla Muffler
*VF Engineering Rear Engine Mount
*Phoenix Ground Wire Kit (14 Grounding Points)
*Mobile 1 Synthetic Oil 0w-20

Cheers!

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
since i'm not a native english speaker...
what do you mean when you say " front hubs" ...

also...
nice number...
but i was expenting little more than 122..
more like in the high 120's...

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
not too bad of numbers, but like Pio said, i would have expected a little more. i would have thought like 130

·
FF Bouncer
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They had two machines there (that I saw), they removed the front two wheels and connected each machine to a wheel hub. That way when the gas pedal is pressed, the hubs move the machines.

I talked to Karl at Massive Speed System and he said that if I were to go to a dyno with DynoJet, I would see around 140WHP and a lot more TQ. Karl said he goes to this dyno because it gives a more accurate reading as it is directly from the wheel hubs.

It's a torquey little Focus now. I love it!

Cheers!

·
FF Bouncer
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pio said:
140whp !
lol...

no way that is even remotly true....
a MTX with yous same mods will not make 140whp...
That's exactly why he goes to this particular dyno; because it's more accurate. Though the reading on a DynoJet may say that I get 140WHP, that will not be an accurate reading. So [:p] I should find a DynoJet and compare the results though.

(By the way, I used 140 WHP as an example #, I should have mentioned that earlier)

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
it's an ATX with a boot and different knob. that's someting that i think i'm gonna do to mine too. how much did that whole thing set you back brad?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
lol now im really confused...is the first pictures in your gallery a different car? Cause later on i see the automatic shifter but in the first few it looks like a stick...lol

·
FF Bouncer
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
gold_zx3 said:
Im confused, why does your thread say ATX dyno? I looked in your gallery and you have a MTX...im lost...
I do have an automatic, but I dislike how they look stock. So I put a MOMO Aluminum Shift Knob, Leather Boots, RS Hand Brake, and some other goodies to enhance the look of the interior. Sorry for the confusion.

focuson03 said:
it's an ATX with a boot and different knob. that's someting that i think i'm gonna do to mine too. how much did that whole thing set you back brad?
Logan Motorsports charges $150/hour, or $85 for three pulls. It's also a little bit extra (range of $25 - $50) for SCT tuning, A/F Sensor and things like that. I prepaid last week with the amount of $200 and I'll either pay the difference or they will refund me back X amount. Money very well spent though. Everything is running so much more smoothly.

Cheers!

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
gold_zx3 said:
ohhhhh ok, well since weve solved the atx, mtx issue...isn't 122 hp and 137 torque pretty damn good for an auto?
yes...
thay are great...
but i was expecting little more cause he have stage 2...

i have 113 before UDP and sct...

i'm expecting arround 118 now... maybe i'm wrong and will only make 115 now...but still i was really hoping to see arround high 120's on his mods...

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
The only problem with a dynometer is that it cant put a load on the wheels like a dynojet can. That is why you will see more from a dynojet because it measures and calculates based on the load.

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
i really think the dynojet will give you the best measures...

i see the car running on the rolls like if was running on a street...its more real life

·
FF Bouncer
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the comments guys. Perhaps on a dyno day G2G or if I find a DynoJet dealer in my area, I'll get a few runs in just to compare the results of the two different types of dynos. I <3 my torque monster [thumb]

Cheers!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts