Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Little example here of what an ATX car can make when modded, these are usually rare.

Its a 2002 ZX3 with an automatic, stock it made 96 whp and 102 wtq.

Here are the mods:
Ported and Polished (Stock Zetec)Head
Crane Stage 2 Camshafts
Fidanza Cam Gears
AF/X UDP
AEM Intake
Custom Diablo Delta Chip
24 LB Injectors
FocusSport 4-1 Race Header
2.5" TRuBendz Flexpipe
2.5" MBRP Exhaust

With the above mods it made 140 whp and 140 wtq. hard to read on the dyno sheet.

Its best time in the 1/4 was 15.3 @ 90 mph with a 60' time of 1.90

·
Hawaii Five-O
1,257 Posts
Very Cool! [:D]

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
how much could i expect with the auto in the 1/4 with my mods..

mods...
65 tb
2000 ported IM
race header
flex
mbpr exhaust
FC crank pulley
fidanza cam gears
volant cai
svt snorkle?

i will not see that much in the hp territory...but i want to do at least 15 in the 1/4...
what elso would i need?

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
yeah...but thats a race tranny...not a cheap factory tranny...

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Sounds nice. The wife wants a few mods but nothing too big. I think she wants me to finish the exhaust and let it be with that.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
well, that's nice, but how long til the ATX starts to give up the ghost? i never questioned being able to make that kindof power with the ATX. the real question always seemed to be how long the tranny would hold up.

Mike

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I love the sig there Mike. Awesome. but for me it is "no one should have to choose between racing and finishing their cup of cofee"

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
but Focal dont you make more power w/ less in your MTX?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
yeah i know focal, you would think by now car manufacturers would have developed a way of equaling the power of a manual with an automatic. thats definitly a big downfall of an automatic, where the atx tranny gets 15.3 a manual can be well in the 14's.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
jisturm said:
The 1/4 mile would get better with a complete tranny upgrade though fight Focal!?!?
Please don't fight me. LOL

Yes with a nicely built trans the car would be much faster and more consistent.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Woops. I drove a mustang the other day with a nicely built AOD and around 320 HP at the wheels and that thing was awesome. No matter how hard you got on it, it had firm shifts and the power was always on tap. Now if I could do that in my Focus without losing an arm and a leg. After all if I lost another it would really be hard to walk. LOL

1 - 20 of 26 Posts