Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what did you guys do to reduce the rattling of the trunk? i stand on the outside with it bumping and it rattles like no tomorrow.

·
Registered
197 Posts
You'd probably be better off posting this in the audio forum.

Make sure the license plate is good and tight. Then it's a matter of how much money you want to dump into sound deadener.

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
i removed the exhaust heat shield, put 4 bolts in my license plate, then put a little dampening mat inside the hatch between the plastic peice and the metal hatch peice

also i put some dampening mat anywhere that the hatch touched the car, like where those little rubber stoppers are.

the exhaust heatsheild is 90% of the problem most of the time

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
60 sq ft of edead v1.

great stuff, my car is absorbs the beat so well, you can barely hear it with the windows rolled up, when it's at 80% max volume.

I used edead v4 on the doors and license plates.
www.edesignaudio.com

exhaust rattle from a heat shield that's too close to the muffler was annoying me too... everytime I entered a driveway or speedbump...

edead fixed that too... high-temp proven.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Just installed my sub and amp over the weekend and it doesn't rattle much, if any.

Then again, 250w rms isn't too much :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Jus throw a lot of dampening back there. Strip out the carpet and cover all the bare metal, plus the inside of your hatch door. It will cut down in the rattling and give you way cleaner bass inside of the car. Im going to be running a 12'' SI MAG at about 1000wrms so i am gonna need all the dampling i can get. Check out RAAMMAT.

www.raammat.com

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had a 2001 zx5 and to keep it from rattling i used hood pins!!! Seriously.. Through the hatch one on each side and i replaced the rubber seal in the back with a thicker one so i had to realy suck down the hatch to lock the pins..

Held up pretty good for pushin 157db

1 - 10 of 10 Posts