Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The front brake calipers for our cars are discontinued through Ford, verified that through Tousely. The only place I found locally was Autozone that carried remans.

CFM carries remains as well if you would like to go through them. They get theirs from Centric

Autozone was about $70 plus a $90 core.

Just drove on the new caliper and so far all my issues are solved. It was a Duralast reman. Like i said so far so good.

Just wanted to give all SVT owners a heads up. Im not sure if rears are discontinued at Ford or not

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
I saw somewhere the rears are also discontinued now.
Luckily I did my SVT rear swap a bit ago [:)]

·
Premium Member
4,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes there are remans available. just wanted people to know that if they have to get one quick and local like i did, then autozone does carry them for sure.

just make sure you tell them 5 for the engine code , which is SVT

·
Registered
497 Posts
I wonder if they sell a rebuilt or service kit for them. It's just a housing with a piston...really the only items I'd be concerned with on a reman are the dust boot and piston seal.

·
Premium Member
4,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wonder if they sell a rebuilt or service kit for them. It's just a housing with a piston...really the only items I'd be concerned with on a reman are the dust boot and piston seal.
every where i called did not have a rebuild kit. so far the caliper is working with no issues

1 - 10 of 10 Posts