Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok for those of you who wanted to come along and help or wanted to get your guys headers on then this is the day.

June 7,2006 (friday) will be the day. It is with my friend Vic and he might not be able to do them all so we are basically left to fend for ourselves if he needs to get other work done, here is the adress for ya guess.

8120 Center St.
La Mesa, Ca. 91942

·
2,272 Posts
Did he give you a price? What time do you guys plan to show up? Let me go first and I will take all of you guys out for the first test drive [:D]. I have to be at work at 3 [:(]

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sure you can go first.... lol

You should be there around 9:30-10:00 AM that way we have a good amount of time.. ok?

He didn't give me a price but when I was talking to him he said that when it comes to our car that I have to do it myself so I can learn so I really wouldn't be paying him. We can do it ourselves really... they have creapers and stuff and airtools whatever we need.

·
2,272 Posts
I have no idea even where to start the install or how to do it...so I will need a lot of help. I was thinking your buddy would do the install and we pay him money [:)] Ok well this will be very interesting.

I will get there around 9:30 and push my work hours a bit back maybe until 5 if they let me.

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
Awesome Matt! Once again you are the man. I will be there by 10. I have nothing to do friday except rice out my car and then race my car so Dustin I'm all for you goin first brutha!

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well he will do it if doesn't have other stuff goin on but if we are suckered into doing it then that is ok because if we get stuck he will gladly help... he is a great person I swear.

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
yeah...sounds like a good guy. I won't mind doing it myself since we have access to tools. I don't think the install is that insanely difficult..maybe just more tedius than anything. siiiick!

·
2,272 Posts
I can cram all of you guys into my car and let you come along for the test drive [:)] I'm sure you would all love to see how the unheard of f2 header performs.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Exactly it isn't hard it's time consuming that is all.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wanna drive it... [:)~]

·
2,272 Posts
No really all of the stuff that I have to take of of the firewall just scares me. Then there is all of those bolts in hard to reach places. seems difficult...

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok so it is Dustin first and Dan you can then go next but if I go last you still have to stay and help me out with my header [:(]

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no I don't have my drivers licence yet... lol it's ok though I can drive my friends Accord. [xx(]

What do you mean there is a lot of stuff you have to take off the firewall?

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
I'll stick around til we're all done...I don't have to be anywhere! I only get 2 days off a week and I'm devoting Friday to this.

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
A couple of things...like the power steering pump or something...and maybe the metal heat shield as well...but we got power tools so we'll be just fine. Damn my finger is still broken though...even though it's 60 times better...I'll just wear a splint.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok cool... just making sure I am always nice and let other people go first and when it comes to me everyone else leaves [:(]

·
2,272 Posts
My understanding is that the stuff along the firewall has to come off or come loose in order to pull the header out. The heat shield needs to be removed as well.

here's a pic of my engine and what I'm talking about.

1 - 20 of 169 Posts