Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize I now need to replace at least one PITA solenoid in my atx. Does anyone on here have JUST the upgraded valve body??? (on rest stock atx.)
I was thinking of getting the upgraded Lentech VB since its only $100 more than an OEM one. Please review your ATX VB in here! Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
On my ATX I got a tune that up the line pressure so it was like having a new valve body. But you might as well go with the Lentech one, if its only a 100 bucks more, they are the bomb from what i hear. I plan on upgrading my whole tranny with Lentech parts.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i have that tune too but now my solenoid is acting up. the tune aws great for the first 2 weeks or so, then caput

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
What do you mean the first two weeks it went caput? Do you think it's what's causing a solenoid to fail?

I'm interested in a Lentech valve body also.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not sure. all i know is now i need a new valve body, or at least a new shift solenoid

·
Registered
930 Posts
I blew up my Valve body about 4 months after I got my car. If I had known about the Lentech then I would have had them replace it with that one.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Ya know whats weird maybe the tune did the same thing to my car, after a few weeks my car started to shift hard. Now ive got a turbo and the atx shifts harder into 3rd.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Ya know whats weird maybe the tune did the same thing to my car, after a few weeks my car started to shift hard. Now ive got a turbo and the atx shifts harder into 3rd.

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
i would say send tom a message see if this is normal, but from what i have heard they are great and his tune saves trannies

1 - 9 of 9 Posts