Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ryan and I wanted to post this message.

We have noticed over the last couple of months that not many people have been very active. We have decided SUSPEND HOTM for a while after this month. I am very sorry to do that but we beleive there is no other choice right now. We might bring it back once we get more participation from the group as whole.
To be completely honest, most people just came in here to get a number and ran. I do appreciate those who do post in this forum but I think that its fair to shut down HOTM for now.

What we need to see to bring back HOTM:

More people nominated.
More participation from the group as a whole.

BTW: we have over a 100 members and I can count on my hands and feet how many actual post. I do appreciate those who do post [loveff]

·
Registered
14,399 Posts
That effing blows [mad] maybe we should do more to get people involved? not sure what but its an idea [dunno] I love HN [:D]

·
@redwoodone
9,432 Posts
Agreed with Fletch.

Those of you who actively post and participate in discussions and HOTM, we greatly appreciate it. But in the beginning, tons of people rallied to get a HOTM going and now there's very few who continuously participate.

Me and Fletcher shouldn't have to chase people down and remind them to vote, or beg them to nominate .. and that's what it's coming to. Last month we had a good turnout. But look at the month before that. It was horrible. This month is on track to be just as bad.

We don't want to stop HOTM. I actually love doing it. I love choosing categories, setting threads, and PM'ing peeps to let them know they've been nominated. But we're getting little in return. All we ask for is participation.

There were talks between me and Fletcher about having Josh do us up a custom HN HOTM Winner decal .. but we're not going to do that until we get more activity.

Again.. to all those who have been regularly paricipating, THANK YOU! And we love you! Even the guys. [limp] But to those who are not participating .. we need to see some participation from you. Or else it may come down to cutting members out of the group.

Hatch Nation has a lot to offer.. but we need to see the same motivation from our members.

So, if you disagree with our decision.. then PROVE TO US that it's worth it to keep HOTM up and running. Get active. And stay active. Many of you still post around the site daily. So stop in and say hi once and a while.. We're not asking for much.

·
Registered
14,399 Posts
of course ya'll are appreciated :) what about a HN website haha :)

·
@redwoodone
9,432 Posts
Do you know coding? 'Cuz I sure don't. But I don't really think that would help much. We can't get people active on ONE website.. multiple sites would be a waste right now.

·
Registered
14,399 Posts
Dood I build websites for a living haha [;)] I know was thinking more promotional than ... wth I'll have to think more lol

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
This kinda sucks IMO.

I totally forgot that is was here and started posting on it.

·
Registered
14,399 Posts
^me too, but hatchnation.com is taken so really what other name would you use haha :p

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ive got a facebook page..if you want to check it out..

just search for Hatch Nation.. you can ask to join..

but i think we just need to make some noise outside of the this section

·
Registered
14,399 Posts
I agree! most everyone is on effing fb lol

·
Country Static
1,833 Posts
^asked. I'll try and get more involved

How about hatch-nation.com thats not being used

·
@redwoodone
9,432 Posts
I mean.. so many people have their HN # in their sig. I don't get how they can forget they're part of it. Lol.

·
Country Static
1,833 Posts
^true

Honestly I've just been too lazy to post anything, I've been voting in HOTM but thats about it

·
@redwoodone
9,432 Posts
About the website.. I don't think it's a worthy investment right now. Not until we get activity. We should focus on getting active HERE first before we worry about a website. The FB page is a good idea though. I didn't even know we had one.

Thanks for telling me, Fletcher. Lol.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts