Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Less than a day left and STILL no bids!?!

Klondike... where are you on this one?!?!??!

·
Registered
593 Posts
A $500 turbo setup? I don't buy it. I'd expect the turbocharger alone to go for more. Something's fishy here. Did anyone catch wether or not it comes with a PCM tune? That'd make a huge difference. Kinda hard to hear the spool with the engine knocking like crazy...

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
FucusUnderground said:
A $500 turbo setup? I don't buy it. I'd expect the turbocharger alone to go for more. Something's fishy here. Did anyone catch wether or not it comes with a PCM tune? That'd make a huge difference. Kinda hard to hear the spool with the engine knocking like crazy...
$500? Sounds resonable. People aren't exactly killing each other to get a Focus with a SOHC engine. He probably got a just wants to get rid of it. I also doubt it comes with a tune. Either you'd have to buy an SCT or get it dyno-tuned.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
FucusUnderground said:
Actually its being sold by a very reputable member (mutlee) he runs it un tuned at 4 psi but if you have a tuner around you I am sure you can push an easy 8psi.

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
CrazyMatt said:
Less than a day left and STILL no bids!?!

Klondike... where are you on this one?!?!??!
im on it matt!!! teehee ima bid on it soon, but also talk to mutlee and told him ill pay on monday and he was down with it!

DAMMMIT SOMEONE BID!

·
Registered
61 Posts
FucusUnderground said:
Hello I'm the fella selling the kit. [:)] Of course I don't include a tune with it. Every car is different, even with the same kind of engine. Prior health of the motor, type of fuel available in your area, altitude, potential peak psi, etc. I was making a problem-free 4psi without a dyno tune. Yes I did have a SCT module but there was no dedicated turbo tune on it. This is kinda a repost topic but if you look at the "Custom Made SPI Turbo" thread, I tell you a lil more info. 4psi is the limit with what I used. +5psi needs a dedicated tune. Stock SPI can take 10.

I set the starting bid low because of the fact there is no included tune. But I assure you, I took my time in designing & finish and would not risk my name being bashed on here or Focaljet, if I knew I was selling a shody setup.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just to give you guys a heads up, I have a crapload of emails from people with Zetecs asking about this kit. The exhaust flange on the manifold is really the only obstacle to make it work for them. The engine bay layout is pretty much the same btween the SPI and Zetec.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
MUTTLEE said:
Just to give you guys a heads up, I have a crapload of emails from people with Zetecs asking about this kit.
Screw that the Zetec monkeys have enough easy ways out sell to SPI only. LOL

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
focusin said:
Screw that the Zetec monkeys have enough easy ways out sell to SPI only. LOL
Jon...... *tears* it's times like that restore all my faith in you *tears*

·
Registered
593 Posts
Didn't mean to dog the setup Mutlee, I didn't realize it was a kit by a member. I've seen so many bulls**t items on ebay that my first thoughts on this were "can this be legit?" But it seems you've done your homework. My appologies.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Man, no apologies needed. I know what you mean about the poo stuff on there.

Now go and bid! [giggle]

·
Registered
593 Posts
If I had the scratch I would definitely bid on it. All I can say is congratulations to whoever wins it. It is a dream of mine to be one of the few FI SPI drivers out there. Someday...

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
damn i didnt win, i wanna cry!!!!

·
Registered
593 Posts
That sucks man...I was rooting for you too.

Hey Mutt, did you fab the turbo manifold or get it somewhere? I hope to build a turbo setup and the manifold issue leaves me confused as to make a one-off, or go with something else...

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
yea mutlee, if at all possible is ther anyway you can help us getting custom manifolds made or show us how to make one, cuz me wanted turbo badly, i guess ill just have to make my own over winter, or next year(next year for surelly)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts