Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a message from a friend about there being a possible recall on the 2012 Focus with manual transmission. I quickly logged into Ford Owner website and found that there is a recall for a PCM reprogramming. I am not sure of the cause of the recall.

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
613 Posts
It's emissions related....

3965 - ANNOUNCING EMISSION RECALL 11E04
DELIVERY HOLD - EMISSION RECALL 11E04 - CERTAIN 2012 MODEL YEAR FOCUS VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH A MANUAL TRANSMISSION - REPROGRAM THE POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM). REFER TO FMCDEALER.COM FOR DETAILS.

·
Registered
313 Posts
^x2 any idea how to tell which ones in particular??

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's emissions related....

3965 - ANNOUNCING EMISSION RECALL 11E04
DELIVERY HOLD - EMISSION RECALL 11E04 - CERTAIN 2012 MODEL YEAR FOCUS VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH A MANUAL TRANSMISSION - REPROGRAM THE POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM). REFER TO FMCDEALER.COM FOR DETAILS.
Now I am not so worried.

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
I shall have to take my car in tmrw
Where are you taking it? I'm taking mine to Steve Baldo Saturday morning because it's just across the bridge for me. In fact they're getting a second chance from me thanks to the service manager making things right with me.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Mine was built yesterday, confirmed on Etis.

I wonder if it'll be affected.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Where are you taking it? I'm taking mine to Steve Baldo Saturday morning because it's just across the bridge for me. In fact they're getting a second chance from me thanks to the service manager making things right with me.
Amherst west herr ford most likely. I dont wanna go out to hamburg where I bought it from haha.

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
Amherst west herr ford most likely. I dont wanna go out to hamburg where I bought it from haha.
I was not at all aware West Herr has a Ford dealership in Amherst. I bought mine in Hamburg and have been using Baldo for service because of the 35 minute drive to Hamburg compared to 5 minutes. Now that I know there's a West Herr Ford in Amherst I'll be changing my place of service.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I have the recall memo in my Ford account.
I will take it in when I have some other reason to take it in.
Everything is fine IMO.. so whatever it is is not that big of a deal to make a special trip just for this.
IMO emmisions related stuff is usually pretty trivail.
Oh yeah, feel TOTALLY free to insult my over my personal opinion about 'emissions' junk. [bootyshak

My car was made end of July 2011

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
AFFECTED VEHICLES
Certain 2012 model year Focus vehicles equipped with a manual transmission built at the Michigan Assembly Plant from August 1, 2010 through October 4, 2011.

REASON FOR THIS EMISSION RECALL
Under certain circumstances, some of the affected vehicles may fail to illuminate the Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL)...

OWNER NOTIFICATION MAILING SCHEDULE
Owner Letters are expected to be mailed the month of January 2012...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mine was built oct 7 but was affected..still sitting at the factory as of yesterday with a status of re-released for delivery on oct 22..sucks but at least they are fixing it

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.