Focus Fanatics Forum banner

81 - 100 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2011 SES that has the "creak/squeak" noise when going over bumps, Taken it in a few times but they "Can't duplicate concern." Anyone know if there is a tsb that includes the 2011 model year?

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have a 2011 SES that has the "creak/squeak" noise when going over bumps, Taken it in a few times but they "Can't duplicate concern." Anyone know if there is atsb that includes the 2011 model year?
Don't worry, they will be able to " duplicate " the noise the day after the warranty ends!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I ended up taking my car in for rust proofing a week after posting in here and the noise went away!
I guess whatever it was was dry and needed to be oil sprayed

·
Registered
24 Posts
2008 Focus

Hey guys, I have a 2008 Focus 99,300 Miles (almost to 100,000). I just noticed this post tonight. I have the certified used warranty. But from what I have read here it is only with bumper to bumper that they are fixing this issue? I have noticed this on my car for a while now, when I first start rolling I hear a clunk such as being described. And when I go over bumps I hear a creaking, that sounds like it originates from the rear but I'm not positive on that. Any thoughts?

Thanks

·
Registered
725 Posts
well i have same issue the turning not so much but when i hit a bump it sounds like my front end is going to blow out know im kinda straped for cash at the moment an was wondering if this could be life threating if not taken care of ASAP so far its been bout 2 weeks with bout 2K miles i know pb not the best time to ask lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
2010 ford focus suspension noise

I have a 2010 Ford focus se and I hear a popping noise only When I go over bumps. Any idea What it might be? Thanks for the help

·
Registered
5 Posts
I changed the front factory sway bar links at 40,000 . It happens to all focus. Its a 95.00 fix at The dealer and they will install the same crappy factory parts.[thumbd] For about the same price you can buy superior parts online and install them yourself. The Moog parts feature grease fittings, which should result in them lasting the life of the car[thumb] All you need is a torque wrench and a good jack. Good luck [cheers]http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/details/QQFordQQFocusQQMoogQQSway_Bar_LinkQQ20002009QQMOK80066.html

·
Registered
725 Posts
Ive had this problem and it came to be that my ball joint was broken. my car had 14k at the time so i took it to my local ford dealer and got it replaced under warranty
hmm ball joint you say [idea] think this might be my problem as well seeings how i just replaced my end links with zerk fitings but also think my sway bar bushings need some replacing as well hope this all can be done on the cheep lol gota car show in bout a month lmao

·
Registered
431 Posts
My 2011 has had this noise since day one, its going to the dealer here soon. The car has 13,000 miles, so I'm guessing I'm screwed since tires, struts, alignment, and anything related to the suspension is a 12,000 mile warranty according to the service writer.

·
Registered
725 Posts
lol well i duno about the ford factory warranty but i think anything is covered up to 3 months 30,000 miles so you should be covered

·
Registered
6 Posts
Funny enough about this, I made a tweet to Ford about having my car in for this issue multiple times, with the dealer finding nothing each time, not expecting much of anything to happen. Long story short, I'm now in contact with the regional customer service manager at Ford corporate and a dealer is looking at my car until the problem is corrected. Rental car included!

http://imageshack.us/a/img43/5809/12032392.jpg

·
Registered
24 Posts
Have you tried your control arms?

I used to have the exact same sounds. Did my left and right control arms, problem solved. Have you tried doing the control arms yet?

·
Registered
24 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used to have the exact same sounds. Did my left and right control arms, problem solved. Have you tried doing the control arms yet?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Nope, haven't looked into that yet but if I replace them I am going to get dom's control arms if they're not too expensive..... Wonder how much they cost?

http://dominanteng[/url] (dot) com/

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Nope, haven't looked into that yet but if I replace them I am going to get dom's control arms if they're not too expensive..... Wonder how much they cost?

http://dominanteng[/url] (dot) com/

I got mine for $545. The front LCA's are $500 for the set with the rear brackets. Dom also sell's the poly bushings for another $45 installed.

Also got the rear LCA's for $375. with poly bushings.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I got mine for $545. The front LCA's are $500 for the set with the rear brackets. Dom also sell's the poly bushings for another $45 installed.

Also got the rear LCA's for $375. with poly bushings.
Oh well at that price I think I will stick with factory. I am sure Dom's are quality but for what I am using my car for it wouldn't be worth the extra $$.

81 - 100 of 116 Posts