Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
You think you have problems! The gas tank on my 08 SES fell out the back of the car at 70MPH! The dealer apologized

·
Registered
108 Posts
You think you have problems! The gas tank on my 08 SES fell out the back of the car at 70MPH! The dealer apologized
You shoulda seen the 2009 Accent they loaned me. At 30k bald tires, alignment issues, brakes were warped and no power what so ever. It was the only on they had left at the end of the day. Today was a long day having to drive that thing. For what quality matters Ford hasn't done all that bad compared to the rest of the pack but it's the little things that they miss.

·
Registered
16 Posts
no problem

I have a 2010 se sedan. and have not had any issues with anything except while driving on the interstate the car is trying to go from left to right and right to left it has nothing to do with suspension,I think it is a combination of the crappy Hankook optimo tires and the road surface.I wish ford would not put those Korean tires on. going to put some Goodyears on it. has any one had similar problem, also a lot of problems with new cars today is the parts suppliers cutting corners to make money and parts engineering flaws.look at Toyota,Honda, and so on they all are having parts issues in some form or another,

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have a 2010 se sedan. and have not had any issues with anything except while driving on the interstate the car is trying to go from left to right and right to left it has nothing to do with suspension,I think it is a combination of the crappy Hankook optimo tires and the road surface.I wish ford would not put those Korean tires on. going to put some Goodyears on it. has any one had similar problem, also a lot of problems with new cars today is the parts suppliers cutting corners to make money and parts engineering flaws.look at Toyota,Honda, and so on they all are having parts issues in some form or another,
Grooved pavment for me does the left and right thing. However me and my brother replaced a steering rack on an old dodge and drove it to get an alignment and it did the same thing until it was fixed.

The reviews on tire rack do not do it justice, it is that bad of a tire. I had cupping on one tire and the others were almost to the wear bars at 43k. The Optimo 747 got great reviews and is a consumer reports top choice and i picked up a set of 4 and after 600mi on them they are quiet and great in rain so far.

·
Registered
16 Posts
thanks for the reply nekoashide.i think its the tires for sure when i first got it the tires smelled the garage up for about two months.they didn't smell like new rubber they had a fishy smell, sorry about your gas tank john m. i think i would report the mechanic to ford motor co. and find a new dealer.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mine has had the squeaking, and the popping, too, when backing out of the driveway while turning and going over a bump. The squeaking was easy to duplicate, especially over smooth bumps. The popping was occasional. (27,000 miles)

Brought it to the dealer with a printout of this TSB. They said they didn't hear it too much during the test drive, but performed the work listed on the TSB. Replaced swaybar links and nuts. Covered under 36,000 mile new car warranty. Fixed.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just noticed a noise in the front passenger area of my 08 SE. I currently have 35,950 miles on the odometer. How should I go about getting Ford to take a serious look at this, instead of shrugging it off because I am so close to being over the warranty?

·
Registered
326 Posts
i have pretty much all these noises when im going slow over bumps and taking turns into lots or driveways. I have cool-flo intake. think they'll whine?

·
Registered
357 Posts
I also had a popping noise from my front end (09 SES), going over bumps usually. Took it to the dealer and they actually used the same TSB. They started with the sway bar links, but that didn't work, which I figured anyway because I looked at the front end and couldn't see any issues with anything "visual". Then they proceeded to the next step, replacing the control arms. Oddly enough, this didn't resolve it either. Then the mechanic had an idea and he was right. Here it was a bolt on the rack and pinion, once he tightened the bolt the noise was gone. After and alignment I was good to go. My focus only had about 16,000kms on it when the issue occurred.

·
[:)][:)][:)][:)] I got this!!!!
4,184 Posts
i have pretty much all these noises when im going slow over bumps and taking turns into lots or driveways. I have cool-flo intake. think they'll whine?
they shouldn't.... unless a problem that happened pertaining to your intake actually happened....... which these do not actually pertain to it....

i have a CAI and my dealer has said nothing about it............

·
Registered
12 Posts
Had my fiancee's car at the dealer 3x for this in the past year. They said they "couldn't find anything wrong with it" or they "couldn't duplicate a popping noise".

I will be taking the car back there and stuffing this printout in the service managers face, as he was a jerk about it the 3rd time we had the car in there.

·
[:)][:)][:)][:)] I got this!!!!
4,184 Posts
there is a TSB on it i believe..... i don't know the number. the TSB states its the splash gaurd in the wheel well needs to be cut back but its actually some nuts around it..... i don't know which one it is but one side doesn't do it and i don't have an impact that is hard enough for it......

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have the same problem. It started with the popping noise, which only occurred when turning hard to the right, and only on the right wheel. I thought it was just my messed up splash guard catching on the wheel, but I guess not. I've also now developed some squeaks in the suspension. 61k miles.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My 2010 S is also doing this very badly. Did you replace the tires? If so, did it help?

41 - 60 of 116 Posts