Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
ya that sucks but I like working on my own car anyways. Its a plus when you have the tool to do so thanks to my wife for letting me buy them for the past 21 years.

·
[:)][:)][:)][:)] I got this!!!!
4,184 Posts
this was doing it on my 08 left side, took it in and they fixed it after i took a rep for a drive and let them listen to waht it was doing, well it started doing it on my right side BEFORE i installed my drop, now i am afraid to take it in and have them do it on the right side because of the suspension... anyone know if they would do it after the suspension?

·
Registered
834 Posts
I just created a thread directing FocalJet users to look at this thread within Focal jet. Hopefully the Mods there will make it a sticky.

·
Registered
502 Posts
It was around 3k I believe. Believe it or not it is doing it again. I need to take another trip back to the dealer.

·
4,184 Posts
anyone tried this with lowering springs?

·
Registered
4 Posts
transit connect st alloys

first time on here

will ford transit connect st alloys fit straight onto my 2009 ford focus zetec without any complications?????

·
4,184 Posts
only if your lug pattern is the same. i had to re look up sine i noticed you were from the UK that the focus is different.

so if your lug pattern on the focus is a 5x114 and hte transits are the 5X114 then yes. i would talk with a local tire shop and find out ezactly your specs..... or do a little looing around on the internet

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Anyone who has done the rear disc swap on their 08+ please chime in. I would like to do this on my 09. from what I understand you have to modify some things. I posted a thread on this, but I figured I'd ask in here also. Any pics or tips would be great!!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
thanks for the post kinda saw it to late already to it to the dealer my right ballbearing was going out at 18,000 miles crazy huh. and my left strut was making funny nioses to but all is good now

·
Registered
931 Posts
Has anyone found out about the lowering springs and if they would cover it,
had the noise, left and right turning of the wheel when stopped..
I have changed to a upgraded sway bar and my sway bar end links, upgraded
Still have the noise, is all that is left is the tie rod end links right..[scratch]

·
Registered
383 Posts
I just ran into this problem, after replaceing the lower cross member and rack & pinion. The noise mainly happens when i stop, go , and turn with (33k miles)

·
Registered
383 Posts
Update:

I stoped at the dealership today, and asked if theyve had people come in with problem with their suspension. He said that alot of people have come in and its their Tie Rod Ends.
So i bought the Front End Links, and the Tie Rod Ends. Ill try the End Links first since their easier.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Update
Picked up the end links today
Went to put them on and the nut wouldn't go on. Come to find out the the "new" end links have fine threads while the "old" ones have course threads.
My car was made 05/08 and have to buy the new nuts only a dollar each
Just a heads up

Edit: both parts have 5543-38438 stamped on them but "old" have AA and the "new" have AB engraved right by the numbers
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
395 Posts
I took mine in and they replaced the end links. Still clunks over bumps with 15,000 miles on car worse than my Mazda with 280,000 miles. Junk.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Yeah, the stock endlinks are pretty much garbage. I got a set of MOOG ones when I installed my FRPP suspension. The are MUCH beefier than the stock endlinks.

·
pwned
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Yup, I got the MOOGS as well.. much heavier duty than the stock ones.
I'm also running the FRPP suspension. No noise after putting in the MOOGS.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Sad that we have to buy aftermarket to get any quality. I'm just going to keep ramming it down Ford's throat and make them fix it over and over and then I'll get MOOGs when the warranty is up. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
108 Posts
At 46k i was outside of the new car waranty so i could not have the TSB done with the Basecare i bought with it. I had alot of wheel noise and i thought after replacing my tires it would go away but it didn't. The sound was actually my drivers side wheel bearing going out, i took it into the dealership and got my rental. They originally diagnosed the wheel bearing but tore up the axle getting it out and replaced that but in the notes they listed a popping sound which i don't think i have ever heard driving it and listed replacing 4 nuts and 2 sway bar end links on the work order.

Car drives like new now, no noise and tight steering.

21 - 40 of 117 Posts