Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So yesterday I was tinkering around under the hood of my 2012 hatch and noticed the line from my intake manifold had come undone at the cold air intake. When I reconnected the hose, I noticed a plastic line about 1/4 in. in diameter coming up from the transmission (about 14 or so in. total length). nothing connected to it. It shoots up then makes a "U-turn" back down, and that's it. It's located about center of the left side of the battery box, about 3 in. from it. At first, I thought maybe I had accidentally disconnected it when I installed the cold air intake a few weeks back, but after inspection, I couldn't find anything else it would connect to. Almost reminds me of those ratchet hard plastic vacuum lines used in VW models. I can't get a pic of it because my son accidentally killed my phone last weekend. So I'm hoping someone could verify my suspicion that it is indeed an atmospheric line. I was quite surprised that the car didn't shoot a code for the intake line being off... Been that way since the install a few weeks back. You would at least think it would have a noticeable effect on idle, but that wasn't the case. Anyhow, it will ease my mind if my suspicions are proven correct, thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts