• 40,001 - 50,000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50,001 - 60,000 Plus

Votes: 2 50.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
I bought my car used with 28k miles, so I decided to get a fresh start on things.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Well, to be down right tech. with you, a 96+ vehical will never need a tune up. The ecm takes care of that for you. Unless you Focus has a carb and points on it??? lol j/k But I'm sure we all know what you meen, when did you first do routine maintance other then a oil change right?

Got the car brand new with 23miles on it by the time I signed the papers. Had 7 miles on it the first night I took it home.

At 300 miles.
1k miles.
3k miles.
5k miles.
10k miles.
20k miles.

Car is more then 3 years old, an I am just no over 22k miles. I know it's a bit extream, but I like to keep things like new. lol Not to mention how many times I've changed the oil...

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
What's a tune up?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Clean and re-gap points, re-set pins, re-build carb, re-set jets, check rockers, check mech. fuel pump, pinnion angles, diff fluid, and so on and so on.

I'm sure what he meens is tire rotaition, filters, joints, fluids and so forth.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Every 3 thousand miles, or 3 months, whichever comes first, the oil and filters are changed. Tires rotated religiously when due. Bought mine new in 02, less than 10 miles on her. All required maintenance has been performed religiously. She now has 36,xxx. She's feeling a little sluggish, though nothing major. Would still like to bring her back to how she was. This is where the term tune-up comes into play. Don't know if it's still called that these days, or if it even applies....but you know what I mean. Thanks anyway though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
HalfTime said:
Well, to be down right tech. with you, a 96+ vehical will never need a tune up. The ecm takes care of that for you. Unless you Focus has a carb and points on it??? lol j/k But I'm sure we all know what you meen, when did you first do routine maintance other then a oil change right?

Yeah right. All cars need tune ups. Spark plugs and wires still wear out. So do caps and rotors, except the Focus runs a coil pack setup. Most new vehicles need tune-ups at 50-100k.

·
Registered
30 Posts
On a newer vehicle such as the focus, a tune up consists of plugs, wires, fuel filter, check the air filter, and replace as necessary.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts