Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to figure out what is wrong with my car.. and mechanics can't seem to either...

I'm hearing a grinding noise in the rear of my car... it's definately a rotating kind of sound... so i can tell it's somewhere behind the drum...

I replaced the bearings... that didn't do the trick...

So I had the drums turned and I cleaned the shoes(which had plenty left on them) as well as all the springs and what not... still didn't do the trick...

Is it the spindles? I'm lost here... no clue what it could be.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it made this sound with my stock 16's and my svt wheels. it's definately not rubbing. it's a metal on metal grinding noise.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
hey i had a sounds very similar to what you're describing. however, it wasn't really anything serious. it actually ended up being rust from the outside of the drums between the drums and i think the shoes. this happened last year when my car was sitting all winter long.

·
Registered
197 Posts
imprtslyr0223 said:
hey i had a sounds very similar to what you're describing. however, it wasn't really anything serious. it actually ended up being rust from the outside of the drums between the drums and i think the shoes. this happened last year when my car was sitting all winter long.
I had the same problem after getting my breaks done. Took it back to sears they cleaned out all the breaks for no charge and it fixed the problem.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dunno.. I'm just going to monitor it for now... I took it all apart and everything seems in fine order... if it gets worse then I'll just swap for rotors/calipers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts