Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My passenger vent would not open so I took it apart and found the tiny link broken. The link connects the dial to the flap which opens the vent.
Found a picture online with the entire assembly. I only need the plastic linkage piece marked.

Thanks,

·
Registered
16,311 Posts
That may well be a unitized part assembly with no separate part available. All 'one' part. Ford looks to do that with every part they make now.

I'm wondering what stops you from making another link on your own, what I would be doing there.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That may well be a unitized part assembly with no separate part available. All 'one' part. Ford looks to do that with every part they make now.

I'm wondering what stops you from making another link on your own, what I would be doing there.
For a .50 cent part, please order this $40.00 assembly! Sounds realistic in today's market.

I may attempt to make it if no local junk yards have the part.

Thanks for the reply.

Bill

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quick attempt to repairing it and it somewhat works... Safety wire was what I used.

The vent will open however it does not stay where it is designed to stay.

I found the complete assembly on SleazyBay for $13.02 shipped so I ordered it.
The drivers side was cheaper and I do not know why...

Bill

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
For a .50 cent part, please order this $40.00 assembly! Sounds realistic in today's market
I feel your pain - Ive been there a 1000 times!
But in fairness to Ford ALL the auto manufacturers to this. Same with appliances, industrial equipment, etc. - they just cannot inventory every tiny part. That's what junlyards are for - you probably could get that entire assembly for less than $5. Or a pocket full of those tiny links - assuming you can get them off intact - for the same.

Good luck
Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts