Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious - has anyone ever done a switch panel in the ashtray? I am going to install some neons (int. and ext.) and am looking at mounting the switches in the ashtray. Has anyone ever done this before? If so, what did you do? Just curious as to how other people may have done it before :) Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is one nice interior!! Do you happen to have any pics of the ashtray itself? How did you mount the piece that the switches are mounted on?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I am going to try and fab something up next weekend (4/14-4/17) while I am home for Easter Break. If I get something put together and it looks half decent, I will write up a little how-to (per Madness). We'll see how it turns out...

·
Registered
37 Posts
i will put more pics of my ash tray on myonlinegarage. it still closes so the switches are hidden and the piece that they are mounted in is not mounted in so i can still access the bottom of the switches when i need to

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
i have an extra ashtray if anyone would be interested in one. i can make one with 4 lighted switches. shoot me a pm

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
ok i made one out of my extra ashtray just waiting on my switches, i will post pics soon if anyone is interested?

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
got the switches today and took some pics. this is the "prototype" it's fully wired but nothing is hooked up to the car nor is it painted. i'll temporary wire it up so you can see the switches light up. i have 4 different colors to choose from; green, blue, red, amber. i will post finished painted pics with them lit up in the next couple days...

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
That looks incredibly awesome. Any way you could have those switches be puprle? And the silver part yellow (as in Krylon Fusion yellow)? heheh.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
sorry but the switches only comes with the colors i have listed, but can be in any combination of the colors. and the silver part will be painted black, but mine will be painted orange [:D]. since the ashtrays cost too much to buy them (almost $20 shipped!) you will have to ship me yours so i can modify them with the switches. if i can get at least 5 people that would consider buying one i will charge $20 + shipping. you could control up to 4 different neons, exterior, interior... each on different switches.

·
Registered
773 Posts
would u be able to make 2 of thoes buttone momentary switches?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.