Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Hello All You Focus Owners
I Was Just Wondering How To remove The AshTray, So I Can Properly Paint My Stereo Surround, Any Tips Would Be Appreciated [:)]

·
Registered
732 Posts
It's easy, Just pull it all the way out. That's what I do to empty it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I Pull It Out , It Stops And I Cant Pull It All The Way Out , Are There Any Clips Holding It Back ??

ps: thanx for the quick reply

·
Registered
732 Posts
Yea it feels like it doesn't come out, but try pushing the bottom of it. I think that's what I did, push the bottom of it up. I'm not quite sure but pull it out and when it stops, just pull harder.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya Ive Been Pulling And Pushing And The damn thing Wont Come Out, In The Mean Time , Is The Stereo Surround Just Held On With Clips ?

·
Focus Addict
1,245 Posts
Why Are You Capitalizing Every Word Of Every Sentence You Type ?

·
fOCUS Zetec 2.0
292 Posts
Just pull the ash tray. Push it down a little when it reaches the bit where it stops then pull it. That's the only way to remove it.

As for the stereo, just get 2 wire coat hangers, cut the two bottom corners off (so each bit is about 4-5 inches long and use them to poke into the holes in the side of your stereo. then when they're all the way in, just bend them outwards and pull the radio out. Never has a radio been easier to steal... funny really. Not that you'd want to steal it. No need to wasted money on a stereo removal kit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats Great Sydney , But I want to remove the big plastic peice surrounding the stereo for painting

·
fOCUS Zetec 2.0
292 Posts
aah yes my bad... read it wrong. but you will obviously need to remove the stereo to do it!!... I think the surround is held in by clips from memory, i didn't look at it well enough in my last stereo job... sorry!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hope this helps. On my Focus, the ash tray has a little lid that angles up and out when you slide the ash tray out. You have to push it back down and then you can slide the ash tray out the rest of the way. If someone already posted this, sorry for the repost. LOL.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanx Everyone Got The Damn Thing Out Now Its Onto The Silly Stereo With its Stupid Holes, I Think Ill Just Try A Coat hanger For That

·
Registered
650 Posts
If the coat hanger doesnt work then go to any store that sells cd players, they should have something they could sell you or they take it out for you :)

·
Registered
847 Posts
thiS threaD waS verY informativE

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Ashtry...[scratch]...[idea]..that must be that change holder above the 12VDC power output.
Sorry, I didn't get the ashtray or cigeratte lighter option. I just got a changeholder drawer with some felt inside and a 12VDC output, which i guess you could connected a cigeratte lighter to.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ya I Use It To Hold Change Too But Ever Since I Took It Out It Rattles And Is Driving Me And My Bass Crazy

·
Registered
601 Posts
I hate that change holder thingy in mine...I have actually scraped the tops of my fingers trying to reach the back of it to get change out...And yes, I did have it open all the way..The change tray and the cup holders are the Only things I don't like about my Focus
[driving]

1 - 20 of 29 Posts