Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the pursuit of quality and many old rusted bolts coming off my engine rebuild I wanted to know what ARP bolt options are there for the focus?

So far I have gotten Exhaust Manifold and Flywheel bolts.

from C-F-M there are also Cam Gear Bolts, Head Studs, Main Studs. Are those all the ARP options for hardware on the Zetec??

Thanks

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
yes, they are ARP for the zetec as well.

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guess I should haved worded it just slightly different... are the bolts/studs I mentioned the only ARP hardware offered for the focus?

Or does ARP offer additional fasteners/hardware for the Zetec?

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
they make head, rod, cam, main cap, flywheel and i think cam cap, but not sure on those

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
ARP does not make an engine bolt kit like they do for many other engines , best thing to do is take out about 10-15 bolts at a time and find a place thats sells bolts and replace them with stainless , just make sure a magnet will not stick and they wont rust again

Tom

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My largest worry about that is identifying the strength of the bolt. Many of the bolts have gotten bad enough I can see the number on the head to identify the bolt strength.

Can you assume that a grade 8 or higher will be sufficient for most bolts?

Or if I don’t want to change all the hardware, has any one had experience with an electroplating kit like this (http://www.jegs.com/i/Eastwood/352/10049Z/10002/-1)?
Thinking of getting a table top sandblaster like (http://www.amazon.com/80psi-Abrasiv...T85G/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1314641198&sr=8-4). For just around $200 I will be able to clean up all the parts / bolts I have pulled off, and zinc plate them… thoughts?

I plan on using anti-seize on everything (I am getting a few different types, copper, ceramic, and nickel so upon re-assembly the threads wont be an issue. So I am thinking of possibly Electroplating the heads of the bolts and "un used" threads of the bolt.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
If you don't know the grade just get everything in 10.9. If you have a 'fleet and farm' local like I do, you can get pretty much any bolt for pretty cheap.

IMO the only ARP's that are needed are head studs, FW bolts, rods and mains (and you have to clearance the windage tray for the mains).
The cam bolts is more of an ease of instal/removal deal, those E sockets just suck and a 6/12 point traditional bolt head grips better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts