Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an SVT focus and today after a 150 mile drive i realize absolutely need an arm rest. The SVT does not have one. My question is, will any center console from MK1 Focus fit in my car? I also have heated seats and the traction control switch. Oh and a 6 speed.

Does the console i look for have to be from a 5-6 speed or will an auto work ok? Can the trim part with my switches be swapped on to any other console?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i can see that but i also do serious long distance driving and need an arm rest. Ill start looking now.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Like said, any console will fit in regardless of transmissions and any other factors. The only issues you may have is finding one with cutouts for the traction control (you can always make your own cutouts) and finding the right color to match you interior (most non-SVT Foci came with a grey interior but some did come in black).

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Yes, I pretty sure it will if you find a console that the trim piece can be removed from, however, console like that are much harder to come by. Not even all SVT consoles (mine included) were built with the removable trim piece.

·
Multi-Focusing
3,868 Posts
I was wondering as well. We like to take the red svt on long trips because it drives so nice. I miss the arm rest my 2001 has.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just found my self a center console with an arm rest, to deal with the seat adjustment wheel, i think ill just move it to the other side of the seat.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
That console looks in really good shape. Nice find.

The seat adjustment wheels hit the console?

·
Multi-Focusing
3,868 Posts
I can't wait to see how you like it. My uPull&Pay has quite a few donor cars I can choose from. Can't remember how many were black though. Most all I've seen have the latch broken, but I'd still buy it. What did that cost you if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Unfortunately to find one in black with out a broken latch was not easy so this one cost me $100, and has no defects of any kind, now $100 might sound like a lot to some dudes but the fact is there are no pick and pulls here on long island you would have to drive over 100 miles to find such a place. Over all with the prices i have seen i think $100 is fair. I found it on ebay.

If i have issues with the seat adjustment i have an idea that i can just move the adjustment wheel over to the other side of the seat. I will post pictures when i have it all set up.

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,787 Posts
If the latch is broken just stuff a spring into the space above the latch.

·
Registered
278 Posts
when you get under the SVT's armrest, can you take a picture? I need to see if there is a mounting bracket for the armrest. I know regular Focii all have the painted mounting bracket under the console, but I don't know if the SVTs do. I currently have an armrest (purchasing the car March 14), but I don't know if it will bolt in or not.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There is not, so make sure who ever you buy a center console with an armrest from includes the bracket, it uses the bolts that are under the rear cup holders in the non-armrest center console.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Or are you simply talking about the bracket that had the studs in it? Thats on the SVT, thats the part the bracket from the arm rest attaches too. I would take a picture but the arm rest and center console are already in. After driving with the arm rest could never go back. Huge plus for me.

·
Registered
278 Posts
yep, the studs portion is all I was looking for. We grabbed an armrest console with that bracket from the upull about a month ago. Only cost $20. Downside is it's grey. Should I paint or go back and look for black? hmm..

·
Multi-Focusing
3,868 Posts
Armrest is now on my list for upull trip now lol. Hopefully I can find a couple black ones. [grinking]

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would just look for a black one. I saw a few grey ones on my hunt but sprung the $100 for a mint condition black one so it looks perfect. Let me snap a pic

1 - 20 of 24 Posts