Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at ZX3 5-speeds and the armrest interferes with the shifter. If it is up, my elbow hits it. If it is down, my forearm hits it making it a pain to shift. Has anyone had this trouble?

S. Harris

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
It did the same to me too but I just put it up and and now I have no problem.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
i don't get how people don't like the arm rest. I love the arm rest i lay my arm with it and shift with my wrest. Infact today i was driving and thinking about how people said they hated the arm rest so i put mine up. Well that was just horrible i had no place to put my arm =\

·
Registered
966 Posts
I agree with Solaris... I have no problem with the armrest either. It seems well suited to drive with it down and having to shift gears.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
people are nuts, seriously i would die without an arm rest

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
Solaris said:
i don't get how people don't like the arm rest. I love the arm rest i lay my arm with it and shift with my wrest. Infact today i was driving and thinking about how people said they hated the arm rest so i put mine up. Well that was just horrible i had no place to put my arm =\
yeh when i had mine it was so comfortable, but now iv finally gotten used to not having it[:(]

·
Registered
580 Posts
turn it backwards

i knew a guy who didn't like the armrest, he took his zx3 back to the dealer and they turned the armrest backwards?! he said he loves it now, even though it's tough to get stuff out of. it doesn't get in the way anymore though, i guess.

i leave mine up, i suppose i feel it on my arm every once in a while, but i don't have my seat tipped back all relaxed-style so that probably helps to keep it out of my way.

·
Registered
158 Posts
does the armrest come on all zx3's? I have an '00 5 speed w/out an armrest. I'm not the first owner so i dont know if thats how it was when it was bought

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
mofocus said:
yeh when i had mine it was so comfortable, but now iv finally gotten used to not having it[:(]
duh dude lol

[hah] [slap]

·
Focus Addict
1,245 Posts
swh50 said:
I have been looking at ZX3 5-speeds and the armrest interferes with the shifter. If it is up, my elbow hits it. If it is down, my forearm hits it making it a pain to shift. Has anyone had this trouble?

S. Harris
I had this exact problem when I test drove the ZX3. This is one of the major reasons why I opted for the ATX. With the ATX and 2.3L I can actually use the armrest for resting and it doesnt get in the way.

Crappppppp 666 posts Yikes !!!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
The turning around of the armrest works great! I did it myself and it is so easy I do not know why you would have to have a dealer do it. I wish I had documented the procedure with pics. Sorry... Anyway, you get to keep the armrest without shifteing interference!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Sad thing is my parents bought a ZX3 in 2001 and the reason they bought the 2000 model and not the 2001 is the 2000 had an armrest! AGHHHH! Horrible

See you should have gone for the best of the Foci family and purchased the SVT! LOL for all you "regular" foci people! LOL!

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
you know, the armrest gets in the way of "other things" as well. guys... YOU know what i'm talkin about! lol. (think... PASSENGER... DRIVER... interaction... lol).

·
Registered
580 Posts
mattsstang87 said:
The turning around of the armrest works great! I did it myself and it is so easy I do not know why you would have to have a dealer do it. I wish I had documented the procedure with pics. Sorry... Anyway, you get to keep the armrest without shifteing interference!
i think with my friend it was a matter of, he had just bought the car and the armrest was bugging him, so he took it back to the dealer and said "fix it, or keep the car." they fixed it :)

good to hear it went well for you - i might try it myself and take some pics. did you need tools or anything or was it just snapping parts apart?

·
Mtn. Dew
7,223 Posts
I just leave it up. I can drive with it down, but I don't like to. Now with a short shifter, my elbow doesn't hit it anymore!

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
scironzts said:
you know, the armrest gets in the way of "other things" as well. guys... YOU know what i'm talkin about! lol. (think... PASSENGER... DRIVER... interaction... lol).
nah i never had any problems w/ it....... if your having issues w/ that perhaps you should move to the rear of the vehicle[;)]

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
^^ lol. nah, never really had a "problem", persay. but i'm sure things would be a little easier if it just wasn't there.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts