Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Wal @&!#T! I bought the harness adapter made by Scosche #FD021. It eve says it works on a 03 focus but Heck no P.O.S.!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
go to circuit city or a shop that installs stereos and have someone look up the correct one. The problem is is that are cars use some VW parts and not regular ford wiring [?|]

·
Registered
360 Posts
I had that problem when I got my HU installed. It took me a little while to find the VW harness, (why oh WHY do you use different parts Ford?) but at least it didn't cost too much.

·
Registered
228 Posts
The Focus uses a Ford harness and a European antenna. I don't know the Scosche piece but a Metra 70-1770 works just fine with a 40-VW10 antenna adapter.

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
mine was installed by a very good installer that works at best buy... very simple and easy to do... id reccomend going to best buy, if you didnt already get the part... and tell them what you need... if they know what their doing.. they can hook you up...

the funny thing about installing aftermarket units, is that the dash kit is from a cougar... i just found that amusing...lol

·
Registered
108 Posts
i dont know if yours is different but my kit say windstar and something else i cant remember right off hand

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
kinda funny but i work as an intaller and have actually seen foci that use the VW harness (typically factory Blau units) and VW antenna, Normal Ford harness and VW antenna, ones with a ford harness and a Ford antenna, and finally ones with a Ford harness and a universal antenna. and saddly enough other than the Bluaplunkt radio, there was no pattern to them at all. . .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts