Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know if there is one out for the 2.0l. i know theres the cosworth one for 2.3l but it says it dont physicaly fit on 2.0l.

is there any comeing?[?|]

·
Registered
538 Posts
It is currently under devolpment at Cosworth, the 2.3l will fit, but because of the way it is (longer intake pipes) it won't yeild the ammount of hp the 2.0l will.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
The 2.0 manifold will have longer runners than the 2.3 manifold from cosworth. Both motors have certain fundamental differences in ideal rpm range and the quantity of air in the plenum. The 2.0 manifold will be a slightly longer curved runners with a leeser volum plenum.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I need one. They better get it out soon.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Well, according to Randy over at FocusSport all of the Cosworth 2.0 stuff is on hold. I know Cosworth hasn't been returning any of my phonecalls...

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
noooo i need that intake and get rid of this stupid plastic maze of stuff

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
i heard somewhere that you lose low-end torque with an aftermarket manifold... don't know how true it is, but i like my low-end torque

·
Registered
930 Posts
Shadowrunner said:
i heard somewhere that you lose low-end torque with an aftermarket manifold... don't know how true it is, but i like my low-end torque
Very likely. Cosworth makes revtastic engines, and they make their power up top from what I have seen.

From the dynographs I have seen, the dpower stuff follows that trend, and I'll bet any cossie 2.0L intake will be there for power from 4000-7500...

That's okay though....a properly mapped turbo will help out a teeny bit.

I think I am going for a gt28r...and that should more than make up my losses.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so that sucks no one else is makeing a intake except cosworth

·
Registered
139 Posts
you think cosworth really cares?hey lets make lots of parts for the 2.3l,when ford only offers the 2.0l in their most popular model,the zx3,exceptions for the 03-04 duratecs.ford had the bright idea of only putting the 2.3l in a sedan,slapping some dressing on it and calling it an
"ST",whats the matter ford couldnt do that for the zx3?no offense to the 4 door owners out there but face it the zx3 is more popular when it comes to modding.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts