Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanna no if the ztec block and the svt block are the same. and if the svt cams, pistons, crankshaft,tranny will built up right.

·
Registered
45 Posts
yes they are the same block, therefore, the pistons and crank will bolt up, they are the same, as far as the tranny goes, you will probably have to change the windage trays to have it bolt up, and as for the cams, my zx2 cams would not go into the svt head so i don't think they are interchangeable....

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I thought the piston heads on the SVT were taller for increased compression over the standard Zetec. That or the compression chamber in the head is smaller. I am not certain of either of these though.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
The SVT and zetec engines have many differences, what are you trying to do?

They share the same block but the SVT has different connecting rods and pistons.

There are no aftermarket cams for the SVT just yet.

Please explain your intention a bit further so someone can help.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I think maybe he wants to transfer over the svt cams, pistons, crankshaft, and tranny. We've already determined the cams won't work, and I don't know why you'd want to switch over to the SVT 6 speed tranny, but all the other goodies should swap, right?

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
The rods and pistons will work. Not sure about the crank, I do not believe it is different. Regardless the crankshaft isn't necessary.

As far as the trans goes, the 6 speed is not as good for racing, at least drag racing.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
exactly why we are trying to find out why he wants to know about the block, it sint any better than the ZETEC nor is thegertrag over the MTX75 for racing pruposes

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
focus mike said:
see people im dumb but im not ignorant! i know whats up sometimes lol
Dude, that's priceless. I'm gonna vote for you for coolest guy on the forum[:)] . Serioulsy, I'm not flaming...but when I can actually read your posts, they always surprise me, always something different.[thumb]

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
focusinonthis said:
i wanna no if the ztec block and the svt block are the same. and if the svt cams, pistons, crankshaft,tranny will built up right.

Please oh Please never refer to the focus' engine as ztec. Its ZETEC come on man we arnt driving a honda here.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
transfer over the svt cams, pistons, crankshaft, and tranny. thats what i want to do so i can save myself some moeny and also gain power. i really want to buy another ZETEC and work the hell out of it but i dont go the money. i just want to no if the svt stuff would bolt on thats all.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
dont think it would be worth it, you wouldnt get very muchpower out of it, cams wouldnt work cus the SVT has a vct module, it has slightly higher compression but this wouldnt be worth the work

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
sorry for chiming in and hijacking.. but excuse me, in a 4 banger with a very narrow power band, a 6 speed helps alot to keep the engine in its power range, no mater what racing you do. in the 60's, 3 speed manuals where all over, because of a v-8's power range. More gears can = more practicle pulling power for all accleration. weather it is worth it or not is questionable, how many of us race focus all the time? and it is a big expense. but it is a practicle swap for the reasons stated

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
nope still not worth it, the 5 speed is good enough, and w/ 4.06s and a quaife should put the gertrag to shame, its not the best transmission either, alot of SVTers will tell you that, more gears means more shifting and less time accelerating, as far autocrossing or road racing goes it all depends on the course

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
You said you are trying to make more power for cheap, how are the SVT parts cheap?

They aren't, I have priced some of the parts and they are far from affordable.

There was an SVT engine on ebay a week ago starting at $ 1000.00

The rods and pistons would be a good idea but the other stuff will require alot of work to fit.

·
Registered
697 Posts
i seen a set of eagle rod and pistons on ebay for 750 us. too bad i did'nt have the cash for them puppies. high compression it would be.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts