Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I know im not the only one who isn't a fan of the stock stereo. I have a 2012 SE sedan and so far I have replaced all 4 door speakers with some Pioneers, and I have 2 12 inch subs in the trunk. Ive been wanting a new head unit since the day I got this car, and so far all ive found is one aftermarket kit online and the buttons are god awful looking (IMO), and the lock button is BRIGHT orange. Anyone out there have an aftermarket deck? Pics would be greatly appreciated. Any tips on further upgrades would be nice too.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Metra is the only major manufacturer selling a dash kit at this time. And if I may speak from experience, they'll probably be the only one forever. I agree wholeheartedly that it looks like crap compared to the stock buttons/dash piece. For that reason, I'll probably never replace mine. :(

Let me ask, why do you want a new head unit? What features are you looking for?

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,118 Posts
If you don't like it that much then fabricate up your own, rewiring would be easy enough, figuring out buttons wouldn't be bad. Could turn into a nice little project for you to do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts