Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[screwy] internally balanced? or? my question is- whats the big deal about changing the stock crank pulley off with built in harmonic balancer-with a billet aluminum one? harmonic balancer that important?

·
Registered
199 Posts
[screwy] internally balanced? or? my question is- whats the big deal about changing the stock crank pulley off with built in harmonic balancer-with a billet aluminum one? harmonic balancer that important?
I think I read on this site somewhere that the 2.3 has a balance shaft. but the 2.0 does not. When you say internally balanced, do you mean like what you do when you "blueprint" an engine or are you referring the the balance shaft that is added to reduce vibration?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no-im saying from the factory-is it descently balanced enough to remove the harmonic balancer and replace it with a light weight aluminum pulley-

·
Registered
406 Posts
ummmmm there are threads about the pulleys on here some people say there arent very considerable hp gains with these.........they are alot of work for what you get...if you have a 2.3 def go with the balance shaft delete

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
the motor does not have a harmonic balancer like you would find in say a 3400 chevy motor. so yes the 2.0L are internally balanced and the 2.3L has a balance shaft internal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts