Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a front set of used Yellow koni's and I'm considering replacing my
Sensatrack fronts with these, using the stock SVT springs (I replaced all shocks/struts and springs about 25K or so ago along with sway bar links, outer tie rods, upper support bearing etc. (control arms w/ bj were replaced earlier).
I'm trying to get a slightly stiffer front but still having a decent ride for a DD.

I know I can use the lowest setting on the front struts; is this going to be a good match up with the stock SVT springs? Or, should I just leave it as is.

It is equipped with 16" wheels, p6+ tyres of the stock size. (It's an 04 ZX3 premium w/ 2.3 and manual trans), frnt and rear Eibach sway bars. Otherwise, basically stock except for minor upgrades. Any thoughts or guidance on this...

·
Registered
459 Posts
For grins and giggles:
http://www.koni-na.com/faq.cfm
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: What is the difference between KONI Special (red) and KONI Sport (yellow)?
A: The KONI Special (red) has been engineered to maximize the ride comfort with good handling performance for each vehicle application. The KONI Sport (yellow) typically starts at a higher initial valving baseline to give a sportier feel and work on vehicles with higher performance parts. In some instances, KONI will only offer a Special or Sport valving and not both. Some modern cars come from the factory with higher tech suspension systems and wheel/tire packages so they would move directly into the Sport range, however they are still valved to give a comfortable ride with very good handling capabilities.

It sounds like you're probably in good shape.

Cheers.

Bob.

PS - I did not not know the difference between reds and yellows, heretofore....

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
If you have yellow's I install them. Set them on the lightess setting & work from there.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Ship them to me & I'll use them.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
It will be unbalanced if you dont get the rear shocks to match the front struts.... SVT springs will work but Id recommend pair them with the Steeda progressive rate springs.

Save them till you get the rears., also how many miles on the front struts if its over 75,000 -100,000 miles send them off for a revalve its not too bad 100-150 Per unit and they can even custom valve them per the springs you decide to get.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts