Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking at spark plub wires for my svt and i just want to knowit and the 50dollars well they even make a big difference on the respone because the response on are car's are pretty good the url is down there get back 2 me guys on this[:)] [:)]

http://www.focussport.com/wires.htm[thumb]

·
Regulator...mount up
3,026 Posts
There's been a few threads about this lately do a quick browse. I've heard they help smooth out idle, throttle response, etc. so yeah they are worth it! Look at MSD or FordRacing wires which are a bit less expensive.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I didn't notice a change.

·
Regulator...mount up
3,026 Posts
I assumed he would change the plugs as well, I agree no point in just going with the wires but the combination of both has to provide a better effect

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
Wires by themselves? I really doubt they'd change much of anything. You should go with an ignition coil and new plugs, and gap them a bit (.060 maybe).

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so should i get the plugs and not the wires and it seems like focus sport over charges on all there products

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
i noticed a change i got ford racing ones. now i want to get a screamin deamon coil pack and some livewires, because i KNOW it makes a differance

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I just bought another focus after totaling mine, I salvaged my steeda intake and my FR wires. With just those two mods, I gained a hell of a lot of torque so I'd say +++ to the spark plug wires.

·
FF Affiliate
30,960 Posts
jaimz22 said:
i want to get a screamin deamon coil pack and some livewires, because i KNOW it makes a differance
Save your money the stock coil does as good as anything out there and this wires arnt hitting on much either

Tom

·
Registered
450 Posts
you'll only notice a difference if your stock ones are shot. then again, if they're that bad replacing them with stock ones you'll also notice a difference. dont believe all the ricer hype about expensive=better especially with sparkplug wires, you're just making your wallet lighter.

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
i'd like to see a dyno of a stock focus with and without plugwires and with / without a more powerful coil pack

i mean if your running FI or N2O i don't see why they wouldn't help, because it can carry a larger current to the plugs themselve resulting in a more powerful spark which to me means a fuller burn

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
not worth it...save your money. You may notice slightly smoother idling etc. But im sure with new stock wires you would notice the same thing.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok so its not even worth it b/c basically all your paying for is a better idle right

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hell yea thier worth it! If you race anyways. On the stock plug wires, I was getting cross spark over 6500rpms, that = less whp. And I lost 1/2 second on my times. I changed the wires, back up to whare I should be.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts