Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be changing out the spark plugs for my 2012 Focus SE next week. The plugs are no problem (sp535 Motocraft) but my car has over 100,00 miles on it. Should I change out the ignition coils out as well and if so how important is it that they are replaced with OEM coils, because those are pretty expensive. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated as always. Thanks

·
Registered
494 Posts
Agree with the above. While coils can fail, they are not typically a wearing part like spark plugs and often last the life of the vehicle so no need to replace them proactively. If and when the time comes, you can revisit the OEM/aftermarket question. If anything, you could consider changing out the wires but if they are in good condition, even that is not necesary.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,375 Posts
Agree with the above. While coils can fail, they are not typically a wearing part like spark plugs and often last the life of the vehicle so no need to replace them proactively. If and when the time comes, you can revisit the OEM/aftermarket question. If anything, you could consider changing out the wires but if they are in good condition, even that is not necesary.
COP= no plug wires.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts