Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I have a 2012 Titanium that was made in 2011 at the very beginning of production and I have 17 inch wheels. I have never EVER seen my exact wheels before. I have seen a darker, almost tinted variation and I have seen the black and chrome version but never the full chrome 5 spoke version I have. Here's a picture:

So is that type of wheel rare or at least more rare than the others? Or do I just never see them?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They arent exactly rare but they are uncommon, and are my personal favorite.

I guess rare is the wrong word. I was trying to say "more uncommon than the other wheels offered".

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
The polished 17" cost more than the other 17"s and were not offered on as many models as an option.
So yes they are 'rarer'.
And I agree the best looking of the 17's

I liked the black painted 17's on my SE. but they had a problem with the polished edge. The polished edge was far more prominent in most light, and obscured the shape of the wheel. All one 'saw' was the polished triangles.. (instead of the cool wheel design)

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
I really like the darker version of those. Those are my second favorite behind the TI wheels I have. My TI wheels are painted black chrome, so I got the best of both worlds lol.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I see the chrome ones all the time. The rare ones to me are the silver alloy painted ones. Saw them in the brochure but never one the lot or street.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Hey guys, so I have a 2012 Titanium that was made in 2011 at the very beginning of production and I have 17 inch wheels. I have never EVER seen my exact wheels before. I have seen a darker, almost tinted variation and I have seen the black and chrome version but never the full chrome 5 spoke version I have. Here's a picture:

So is that type of wheel rare or at least more rare than the others? Or do I just never see them?
I have those wheels.
IMO, they are too polished to the degree that they almost look like chrome.
They are the only wheels that look better after they get somewhat dirty.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
They aren't rare at all. I see them all the time on SE models. I have a late 2013 hatch but it has the 18' sport wheels. You can always upgraded those on your car if you want a sportier look.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
'rare' may depend on location? Around here I never see any of the polished 17's. Plenty of 16" wheels, some of the titanium color 17" and some silver painted ones.
More black painted ones than any other 17".. Like I wrote, mostly 16" around here.

Probably depends on what the dealers preorder, and what the dealers think will be selling best.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts