Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey just seeing if anyone has had any problems with there 2.3l FC CAI itg air filter it came with?? because today i spoke to a guy at a performance shop and he said the thing about foam filters is there is too much airflow so dirt gets in really easy is this true??? they seem really good if race cars use them. hope u can help me thanks ps i don't wanna be sucking up a bunch of dirt

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well, It claims to stop particles within 10 microns.
It might be optimal for F-1 cars but may not be best for everday use.
I am thinking of putting a K&N on my FS CAI.
Might even run better cause ITG makes my car sound like a jet turbine with all that air its pulling. K&N will give more restriction which will hopefully make it more quiet.

·
Registered
847 Posts
The FC comes with the ITG?

...?

My Focus Sport comes with the ITG and I like it. I think the guy you talked to is full of crap

·
Registered
245 Posts
I love the ITG, sound, perf, etc.. ITG makes a great filter. If you happen to give it a little more dirt than it's used to, FS offers the recoating spray to make it as good as new!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Right on, the filter looks great, but I would rather have the ugliest thing if it worked good, considering it wouldn't even be in site.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sure, have a bunch of carbon deposits on your valves you cant see it but as long as it works good[thumb]

It works good and I do care what it looks like cause if it looked all crappy then I would not want to put it on in the first place. It looks like a well engineered product which in turn will provide excellent performance and easily cleaned.[:D]

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
2.3 wht zts said:
Well, It claims to stop particles within 10 microns.
Studies have shown most engine wear is caused by particles 10 to 20 microns in size. As a point of reference, a human hair is approximately 50 microns in diameter. We subject a sample of our filter designs to this test procedure using Coarse Test Dust, which includes particles less than 5.5 microns - K&N

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well, no problem with the amount of time if takes particles smaller then 10 microns to do damage I will have a super charger installed (if they ever make one for 2.3)

·
Registered
446 Posts
itg comes with the focus-sport.
as far as which one is better, its pretty much personal opinion.
id recommend the fs only because i have one and can say that it is a quality part.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts