Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Gan-San!
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to me applying my can of Nite Shades to my center turn signals and perhaps a little bit to my tail lights, but I'm afraid to mess up. I've done a bit of spray painting before but nothing accurate. Does anyone have any tips on applying the Nite Shades evenly? Number of coats? How dark is too dark? I was dig'n the shade of HKS's orange focus's tail lights and was wondering if anyone new the amount used too.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
heh i have sprayed some many tail lights and grills its not even funny.

i just got an svt grill.. took it out on the lawn with a black spray can.. shot the orange in the grill black and let it sit for 30 mins.. then went for an air spin..

turned out perfectly..

dont be a wimp.. just start spraying evenly.. do one coat at a time.. let it dry.. then stop at the darkness you want... also remember with "tint" the light will shine even when you have alot of coats on.. i mean shit my last grill.. i primered it, sanded, then shot it black.. and orange still got through.. some how.. i dont know really..

·
Registered
47 Posts
the tail lights r the easiest, just hold thre can a few feet away from the tails, and just keeep spraying....let it sit for a lil bit....spray sum more, and just keeep doin that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts