Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2012 Ford Focus with Mytouch. The radio went out and we took it to a Ford Dealership. They told us the APIM was out and needed a new one. The Tech on hand looked up our VIN number and gave us a model number that we matched on a ebay sale. We installed the APIM that we got on ebay and the screen turned on but is stuck on 1 station. We took it to the Ford Dealership and they tried but couldn't program it. We were then told we would have to purchase an APIM from Ford for $1200 for the radio and Mytouch to work. I have viewed other videos where someone purchased an APIM and installed it and works fine. What is our problem? HELP!!!!!

I have a video but since this is my first post I can't submit [:(]

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
here is the video he was trying to link, i have verified it..

also when you were showing the radio you were playing with the buttons if you look at the video when you pressed the left second from the bottom (1:02) (Home Menu) a button responded in the 2x2 grid in the upper right (lower right) when you pressed the lower left... it looks like the touchscreen calibration is off.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Start easy. Check connections, try calibration. Link to directions here

If that doesn't work the screen itself can be disconnected from the module on the back. Could try swapping the display from the old unit to the new one and see if it works. See if the new display works on the old module. Frankenstein it. I wouldn't bother with that I would just return it as defective.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I tried to do as the instructions said but the screen just stays as is. You can't change the station from the steering wheel, it's stuck on 96.5. I also tried putting a CD in and it played but when I tried to eject it, it stayed in and didn't move. I shut the car off and the radio started playing. So it quite possibly be the APIM I bought on ebay? I notice there are two numbers BM5T-14F239-CJ on one side and the number the dealer gave me BM5T-14D212-JJ on the other. If I buy another APIM should I look for both numbers? I would like the MyTouch to work but just want a radio that plays.
Thanks!!!

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
match the numbers..i can verify even 1 off will not always work i bought an airbag module to replace one that was out of a car that had its airbag deployed and even tho its from the same exact year model color style and dual airbag not quad ( wheel, dash and side impacts) and the model numbers matched up to -CD and the replacement was a CE it did not work or even match the plugs, they were both 98AF part numbers

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Thanks I tried to do as the instructions said but the screen just stays as is. You can't change the station from the steering wheel, it's stuck on 96.5. I also tried putting a CD in and it played but when I tried to eject it, it stayed in and didn't move. I shut the car off and the radio started playing. So it quite possibly be the APIM I bought on ebay? I notice there are two numbers BM5T-14F239-CJ on one side and the number the dealer gave me BM5T-14D212-JJ on the other. If I buy another APIM should I look for both numbers? I would like the MyTouch to work but just want a radio that plays.
Thanks!!!
I swapped my APIM for one that had navigation enabled. I had to make sure it came out of a car that was same model year and had all the same features as my car.

First one I tried didn't have back-up camera, Second one was out of a 2014 and the steering controls were different. 3rd time I made sure to get one out of an identical model year and features and it works perfect.

EDIT: I actually have my stock APIM. 2013 Titanium. Has back-up camera enabled without navigation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I have a 2012 Ford Focus Titanium edition with the Sony Snc My Ford Touch system and it too just stopped working. I have viewed all the Youtube videos and tried to follow some of the advice. I have disconnected the batter and waited 5 minutes and reconnected the batter so the car systems would go into a reboot and NOTHING. I brought it into the dealership and they too just said I had to buy a new Apim (unit behind the screen) and that would fix my problems. Really?
Any advice?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts