Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the above and wow does it work magic!! its too awesome, my question is, for those who have it, what are your guys settings at, the ne points, the throttle position dec. air. etc.

thnx
Ryan

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
yeah umm that won't work for long. the ecu will relearn itself and the safc won't be doing anything except acting as a gauge. it just doesn't work with our cars ecu correctly.

plus you shouldn't play around with the AF ratio unless you know what you are doing w/ tuning a car. get a SCT XCAL2 and leave it to a pro

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well ive had it for about like 2-3months now and its been fine, i was just curious on what other people had their settings at. plus i tunned it with my friend with a wideband

·
Registered
743 Posts
Not too many have them. cuz the computer will set everything back to normal. It seems to be working good for you... what year focus you have? You might can make it popular again

·
Registered
958 Posts
what is it? i imagine it stands for S??? Air Fuel Controller...am i close??

·
Registered
958 Posts
so it only controls the a/f ratio??? sounds to me like a no brainer...w an xcal 2 u can tune so much more...like shift points, rev limiter, speed limiter, etc...plus u can data log, and pull codes...why not spend the extra cash and get a flasher?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im gettin that too :) but i really loved the a/f tune soo much b/c ive got a procharger with 42lbs injectors and other mods, and i really needed a good a/f tune

·
Registered
958 Posts
basically im wondering what u can do with this a/f controller that u cant do w an xcal 2

·
Registered
958 Posts
i dont know...i dont have one but ive heard that u can tune just about anything and everything...im asking because i dont know...not cause im trying to be a prick [;)]

·
Registered
262 Posts
yes yes old thread...question is: how accurate are their readouts? if i could find one of these for cheaper than an A/F gauge it would eliminate the need for an a-pillar pod (which i hate) I'm just wondering if you can trust what they say 100%

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
well with the x-cal. can you tune the a/f with a 12 point rpm range?
The only way this will work with 42lb injectors is if your ECU has failed and going into open loop all the time and that isnt exactly the best way to change fuel I wouldnt even call it tuning , How did you recal for larger injectors? how did you change the timing for boost?

As for the 12 poing RPM range the SCT has about 10 times that many and is proper tuning, you better get proper tuning before you have to spend the money on an engine

Tom

1 - 13 of 13 Posts