Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had taken enough and tired on the factory ST brake kit. So I decided to replace the brake onto a whole different level.

Even with StopTech braking lines and HWAK HPS street pads on the ST calibers, the result isn't as good as I expected. Well of course, they are only one-piston caliber after all, they do stop the car better than stock 2.0NA junk brake(no offense to others), but it surely can't handle the power gains on my Foci now, especially heat resistance and pedal feelings.

everything is going into the car:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421510526.424013.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421510580.916744.jpg

installed brake kit:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421510605.300840.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421510641.917234.jpg

Main reason I chose AP Racing instead of StopTech is because there aren't enough clearance between StopTech ST40 caliber and the wheels:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421510678.067563.jpg

Thanks for reading.

Neo

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
I wonder if the Brembo Focus kit is superior?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wonder if the Brembo Focus kit is superior?

I thought about Brembo before, due to the equivalent model and its size that my BBS RGR can't clear without putting 4-5mm spacers on, then I picked AP Racing, to be honest, I don't see which is superior to which.

Neo

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
expensive but way cool. looks sick. let us know how they feel once you've driven around. Your wheels are awesome btw. what other mods have you done? you said in the original post that the ST breaks couldnt handle the power you were putting out now.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Unless you are doing track days (or tailgating) , ST brakes are plenty enough for the little 2.0L 160hp engine...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
expensive but way cool. looks sick. let us know how they feel once you've driven around. Your wheels are awesome btw. what other mods have you done? you said in the original post that the ST breaks couldnt handle the power you were putting out now.

Haven't had a chance to run a dyno yet, I have a AEM CAI, MagnaFlow Cat-back exh, 4.75 final drive gear for MTX-75(now taken off), 1.5way LSD, Toms tune, Koni FSD shocks with Mountune lower springs, Eibach swaybars, BBS RGR forged wheels...so far I can think of.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Unless you are doing track days (or tailgating) , ST brakes are plenty enough for the little 2.0L 160hp engine...

The MK3 2.0 spec here in China with 125kW and 202Nm from factory. I guess because the petrol isn't good enough....

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Oh, and SPEC stage one clutch kit with aluminum light weight flywheel, Steeda Short throw shifter, Bridgestone RE11 tyres.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
The MK3 2.0 spec here in China with 125kW and 202Nm from factory. I guess because the petrol isn't good enough....
170 PS/ 167 HP and 148 lb-ft of torque, but the power is rated at higher RPM than in North America, it's the same exact engine.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
170 PS/ 167 HP and 148 lb-ft of torque, but the power is rated at higher RPM than in North America, it's the same exact engine.
Maybe detuned for America?

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Maybe detuned for America?
Not really, it's just not allowed to rev to 6600 rpm for the rated power figure, just 6500 rpm in the North American spec models at least per the rated power in the U.SA.

It's the 2-3 lb-ft of torque difference that doesn't make any sense given it is measured at the same 4450 rpm.

My guess is it's a more conservative rating for the same exact engine. Wind it out to 6600 rpm on an engine dyno and it should make the same power no matter where it's going to be installed.

Besides iirc the 2.0 L GDI engine is primarily if not only built in Michigan at the Dearborn engine and fuel tank plant. Unida767's german built car has the US engine with the mexican dct transmission.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Not really, it's just not allowed to rev to 6600 rpm for the rated power figure, just 6500 rpm in the North American spec models at least per the rated power in the U.SA.

It's the 2-3 lb-ft of torque difference that doesn't make any sense given it is measured at the same 4450 rpm.

My guess is it's a more conservative rating for the same exact engine. Wind it out to 6600 rpm on an engine dyno and it should make the same power no matter where it's going to be installed.

Besides iirc the 2.0 L GDI engine is primarily if not only built in Michigan at the Dearborn engine and fuel tank plant. Unida767's german built car has the US engine with the mexican dct transmission.

Or the rating standard are relax in china (no false advertising law) compared to N/A.

Anyway, this is just marketing gimmick on papers... WHP / WTQ is what matters!

They should (car makers) only rate vehicules based on wheel output instead of the engine alone... yes the numbers are lower but it's closer of the expectation!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts