Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyway to remove the limited slip bullshit

Can anyone help me ??? is there anyone with suggestions on how the hell to remove to limited slip bullshit???

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
um? im assuming you are talking about the stock differential which is not limited slip. it's an open diff. but you could swap in a limited slip.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My dumb ass said limited slip now you understand how pissed i am i meant traction control????

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
yes. fuse #46. it also kills your abs so be very careful! wire up a switch to it so you can turn it on and off for the track without bothing with the fuse.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
here's the how-to to wire up a kill switch for the tc. > > Clicky < <

if you don't want to go this route. the only other (proper) way is to get a tune. it will make the button an on/off switch and won't affect your ABS. I will get a tune when Tom or Wayne can find a way around this for the 04s to disable the tc.

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
You need a tune!! [:D]

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanx

Thanx for all the help guys my car ame with a traction control button to turn on and off but i dnt think the damn thing works so im just gonna take your advice and reroute my own thanxs again guys

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Re: Thanx

Focalized31 said:
Thanx for all the help guys my car ame with a traction control button to turn on and off but i dnt think the damn thing works so im just gonna take your advice and reroute my own thanxs again guys
You will regret it. I tried it for a while, and it sucked. I got a tune now that shuts it off with the switch, and leaves the ABS and the rest of the stuff on, and I love it. Cheap fixes are dangerous, and putting that switch in is dangerous.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
^ yes using the switch can be dangerous like i previously said. but i hardly ever use it since i don't/havn't been to the track. just good for burnouts but that is about it.

"but i dnt think the damn thing works so im just gonna take your advice and reroute my own thanxs again guys"
trust me it works [;)] try to spin your tires or go around a turn really quick [:)~] you will see that light start to flicker fast or just stay on altogether as your tires slip[:D]

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
On a side note - I left 60 feet of rubber with both tires last week. No TC, no ATB dif (yet).

Really surprised me!

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I leave rubber all over the place. With the T/C disabled on my tune it is addicting. I need some new tires soon, or maybe a new car[:D]

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Unless???

Well i asked @ and i did raise a ? of concern??? But Where would i have to go to get a tune and how muh would it run there are no local tune shops @ my area i live in McAllen, TX

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I can guarantee you will be very happy with a tune. I got mine, and gave me a huge boost in midrange power, in addition to disabling the T/C. [:D]

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
InfraRedSVTF said:
or maybe a new car[:D]
Agreed! Park the SVT on the tracks or leave the keys in the ignition and the doors unlocked... maybe let your wifes uncle borrow the vehicle [:D]

Still thinking about a MS3?

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
^^^ "Winter Package" option got you the TC.
It included heated seats, engine block heater, and....Traction Control.

I updated the thread title so it wouldn't cause so much confusion.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts