Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok despite my really annoying pop from the depths below, it's not been doing it lately, but I wanted to know: After having looked at my suspension really for the first time, if anything under there could really use replacing or not.... I don't like how the tie rod ends look, to me they're broken, but I don't know if there's anything wrong with that.

And yes, there is currently mass amount of rust on the underside.....I'll be getting rid of that stuff come spring or summer. LOL.

·
Wales!!
10,218 Posts
the clunking noise may be ur bearings in the inner tie rods. mine were replaced last tuesday and took 95% of the noise away.
and i have lot of rust parts around that area too. i even have a hole in my front subframe from rust, may also be from bottoming out too. we hopefully be replaced in summer

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
I'd replace those endlinks with some Moog endlinks. Just be sure to grease them before you install them, if you get them that is.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
are the endlinks the ripped up rubber looking part on the inner tie rods? (heh, haven't gotten to suspension in class yet. LOL!) or are they the bearings? (yes, I know.....bearings aren't usually rubber at least.......)

·
Registered
575 Posts
are the endlinks the ripped up rubber looking part on the inner tie rods?
What you think is the tie rod is actually the sway bar the tie rod is the part that steers the car. The end link is connected to the sway bar. and looks like it needs replaced.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What you think is the tie rod is actually the sway bar the tie rod is the part that steers the car. The end link is connected to the sway bar. and looks like it needs replaced.
lol damn it...... it look like a tie rod, lol. but, so that wrench lookin thingy is really the sway bar? and the end link is that ripped up looking thing then?

and for the record, both sides on the car look like that.....

·
Registered
575 Posts
lol damn it...... it look like a tie rod, lol. but, so that wrench lookin thingy is really the sway bar? and the end link is that ripped up looking thing then?

and for the record, both sides on the car look like that.....
the end link is the piece that goes from your sway bar to your strut and the ripped up thing is just part of the end link.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AH.....ok, so it's the whole piece then.....ok thanks [thumb] and wtf, I found a thread that was talking about my problem and replacing the end links fixed it for them..... why the hell could I not find it. LOL.

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
You need new front swaybar endlinks, everything else looks fine to me.
Mike at hilbish ford has awsome prices on new ones.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wow that was weird......didn't expect a post here, lol....

alright, I'll give Mike an inquiry [thumb]

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
ya those endlinks don't look good.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
The endlinks are def. bad. Your tierods are the ones that are horizontal from the steering rack that attach to the knuckle extension off the back side of the knuckle. With the car off the ground, (tires that is) grab the tires and wiggle them side to side as if you were trying to turn them but just wiggle them. if they have any play at all, either the inner or outer is bad, if you see the play at the very end, at the knuckle, the outers are bad, if theres no play at the very ends, and the play is the whole rod, then you need the inner.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The endlinks are def. bad. Your tierods are the ones that are horizontal from the steering rack that attach to the knuckle extension off the back side of the knuckle. With the car off the ground, (tires that is) grab the tires and wiggle them side to side as if you were trying to turn them but just wiggle them. if they have any play at all, either the inner or outer is bad, if you see the play at the very end, at the knuckle, the outers are bad, if theres no play at the very ends, and the play is the whole rod, then you need the inner.
now how in the world did you know to pop up here at the right time? did someone direct you? lol.

anyway, I guess I'll get new endlinks, and how likely would it be my tierods or inner/outer parts are bad? I said tie rods before cause I didn't know what they were, lol....

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
you worry to much! everything looks good except your endlinks!

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
you worry to much! everything looks good except your endlinks!
yeah lol I usually do (hence the OCD warning, lol) but this isn't worrying, for once. since Feral asked me to take some pics in another thread, I thought "hey, why not take all those, make a new thread, and see if there's anything else bad, so I can replace it with something better [:D]."

lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts