Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought an 03 SVTF with 76000 mi on it. I was wondering if there is anything i should look out for/get repaired. I've been reading thru the forum and did notice i have the fluid leaking down my clutch, which i'm not too thrilled about. Other than that the only thing i've noticed is a popping sound coming from the front passenger side suspension whenever i hit a big bump.

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
That big clunk could be an swaybar endlink that took a crap. Moog makes some really nice endlinks for the Foci community.

You might check into when the timing belt was last changed on it.

Listen for clutch chatter.

Check your DSI motor clip beneath the stock intake airbox. These little pieces like to break after time.

One more thing, check the catalytic convertor bracket and make sure it's still intact. Once that goes, the rattles will drive you crazy.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
now that i think of it i have noticed a sort of sqeaky rattle from time to time when i'm not giving it gas

·
Registered
373 Posts
Thermostat plug o-ring (if you happen to notice a small amount of coolant under car)

VCT Gasket (If you notice a small amount of oil in the plug housings)

That's all I can think of at the moment.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No leaks, besides the clutch pedal issue. I have noticed it makes a sort of rattle popping noise after i rev it when the rpms go down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts