Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Anything else before tune?

637 views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  MVent 
#1 ·
What else should I get before getting a tune? (Wayne's tune)

Right now I only have an AEM CAI but I have a RT High-flow Cat and a C-F-M 65 mm TB on the way. Are there any other power adders I should get that would make a significant difference (5+HP) before getting the tune? No exhaust! I want to keep a pretty much stock look, hehe.[}:)]

Thanks. .

#2 ·
you really should get an exhaust, otherwise more mods really won't matter. you could get the focussport stealth exhaust which i understand sounds pretty close to stock, but i'm not sure about the look of it. i imagine the tip would have to be at least as big as the rest of the system.

other than that, you should get cams w/ the tune. a good set of stage 1's or 2's would be good since this is prolly your daily driver and you prolly want some more low-end torque

#3 ·
Sorry should have mentioned no internals. I don't have the means to do that yet. (i.e. time , money)

From what I've understood with the exhaust is that it is free flowing enough that it doesn't need upgrading all that much. That's why the aftermarket exhausts yield such small gains. If alot of people disagre with me though I may go with it before the tune.

#4 ·
Shadowrunner;
^^^Good advise, but MVent has an SVT...

I think you're about as good as you're going to get MVent. [;)]
If you haven't installed a poly rear engine mount, or STS, now would be a good time.
No power added, but it will make everything else that much more fun to drive. [thumb]

#8 ·
The STS is well worth it MVent. I held off getting it for awhile too because I liked the height of my stock one, but man did I get sick of missing third. The STS is SO much smoother, and hardly short enough in height to notice the difference. But the throws are WAAAAAY better. Wish I wouldn't have waited so long.

#9 ·
oh i didn't see his "what i drive" thing... duh, this is in SVT Performance Chat! but yeah, an STS or vf mounts would be good, really tightens up the feel of the car. i still say cams, cuz you'll have to get those tuned anyways, or at least you should. if they're anywhere on your list, i'd get both done at the same time. if not, then a tune will still do you good

#10 ·
Shadowrunner said:
oh i didn't see his "what i drive" thing... duh, this is in SVT Performance Chat! but yeah, an STS or vf mounts would be good, really tightens up the feel of the car. i still say cams, cuz you'll have to get those tuned anyways, or at least you should. if they're anywhere on your list, i'd get both done at the same time. if not, then a tune will still do you good
There's only one set of cams out there for the SVT but they haven't been proven worthy yet that I know of?

#13 ·
Back on topic - the question was, "is there anything else I should get before a tune?"

No - get it now - Tom is selling his and the Predator for $350 and he'll update any tune you need updated for free as long as you're the original owner of the Predator.

There is really no reason to wait to get a tune - all of the tuners will redo your tune for free or really cheap if you do more mods that require a tune change.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.