Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone put all the parts that Cosworth made for the 2.3 dura on a 2.0??? and if so any power figures?? also would it be easier to stroke the 2.0 or find a 2.3 out of a wreck and build then install?? have many questions just need some answers please!!!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
sorry saw noone was answering you dosen't cosworth have a dyno graph showing there power gains. Also if you have a 05 why pull the engine out to rebuild just throw a turbo on it and if the engine goes you have a excuse to rebuild.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Well, i've been doing some research into the 2.0 stroking issues, I've talked to a few good sources, the 2.0 and 2.3 rods are the same, that's the theory floating around, most documents show that to be fact, the cranks are diff. the Cossie Intake manifold and exhaust will work along with the throttle body, that leaves you with the heads and cams, a 2.3 head will fit a 2.0 motor, but it's pointless unless you go FI and port and polish it. the cams, well I'm not sure of that yet, I'll let you know once my new motor is built

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeah, the main difference is all in the crank, the 2.3 has a longer throw. The head is marginally different, in that the 2.3 flows a touch better, but would make no more than a couple of hp difference. Head, pistons and cams are all interchangeable.
I have swapped all the 2.0 bits and 2.3 bits around with little problem.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
The 2.0 block can only be bored out to 2.4, don't know if thats the physical limits or the point before the engine wouldn't be reliable. The 2.3 was offered stroked as 2.6 from Focus Power (Tom) and as a 2.5 from Marcy Motorsport, both of which are no longer offered. You can get the parts-2.3 block (find used, junked 2.3 Focus or Mazda), Supertec Pistons, sleeves (forgot the specific brand), internals and a shop to do it.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I beleive the 2.3 has a taller deck and thats why it can be stroked father than the 2.0.

·
Registered
108 Posts
i believe nick is right about the blocks, about the only difference is a taller deck, therefore it is capable of more displacement

1 - 8 of 8 Posts