Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of now i am running 2 10" Mtx 6000s hits so hard in the car but the problem i am having is that on the outside it sounds like crap...so im going to buy some dynomat but the problem i need to ask the sedan drivers is that......my rear deck moves up and down a good inch or so and i was wondering if anyone has this problem and what i might be able to do to fix it...

thanks

·
Registered
571 Posts
what kinda box? Mine are in a bandpass that is ported upwards out of the top of the box. when i had the box sittin rightside up, i was worried i was gonna blow that back shelf right outta the car. i ended up laying the box on its back and turning it so the ports face towards the rear of th car. no more shelf vibration, and the subs feel like they hit twice as hard in the car...although i would say your subs are probally more powerful than mine, so this might not work for you... and, of course, this would only apply if you box is ported upwards...

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah man i just have my 2 10s in a "normal" box no ports. My friends have told me i have one of the louds tens...or atleast i make them seem that way but i think that back deck is gunna take off one of these days hahah

anyone else??????

thanks

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts
what kind of material i the deck? i am sure 2 or 3 layers of sounddeadener would do the trick, but don't waste your money on dynamat, it's not worth it, fatmat is a good soundedener for cheap ( fatmat.com ), or you can even get peel and seal at home depot in the roofing section, i've heard this works just as good as most sounddeaeners and it's extremely cheap

·
Mr. Wizard
937 Posts
I have a sedan, my deck does not move, and my sub is very loud, make sure that it is attached correctly. Outside my car there is very little extranneous noise. The plate holder vibrates a bit, but nothing to get in a bunch about for me. I have no deadening either. Every now and then the 60-40 split won't be latched all the way, and that vibrates like hell on the latch, but no biggy. If the rear deck is moving, I'd check to make sure it is attached correctly still, and then try some glue if not. If it is, I'd slap some deadening on there, though I'm not sure how much that'll do for you.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought some dynomat today and started putting that in, its not really stopping the vibrations but yet making my subs sound even louder..... anyone know of a cheap deadening i can put on top of the dynomat to make it a lil more cause that stuff cost a boat load

thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts