Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One of those portable computers that you plug into the odbII port on a car. Then you get a read out of the errors, sensor status, and other nifty bits of computer data to help trouble shoot a car's problem.

·
TURBO ZX3
8,746 Posts
Most of us here have xcals 3s but I don't think they can work on other cars because they are programmed with the ecu code # like mine is LFQ1

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
Wizard are you talking about the really expensive ones? or just the handheld ones? i can help you. the xcals will work to just read codes on other cars.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At this point I will take what ever I can get. If I can't nail down this bucking/surging on acceleration issue I am going to have to take my car into a shop and see how much repair time I can afford. There are days I hate being a student with no job...

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
i wonder if we can datalog your car and send it to tom

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would love to give it a shot. Any chance you are going to be near Bellevue any time soon? I would offer to drive to you, but I don't trust the car for more than a few blocks trip at the moment.

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
damn thats deep. i dont really plan on it anytime soon..

maybe someone closer..

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
ya i will let you know if i come up that way anytime soon. shoot me a pm with your number. you can also ask me if you have any questions.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Isnt that what the XCal loaner program is about? Using 2 locked Xcals to share with the FF members to datalog and find engine problems? http://focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=273312

I think any Xcal can hook to the focus and log data which if the log list is built right should be able to find issues wether a vacuum leak, fuel issue or what.

I think the ECU code is just for flashing the ECU to update the tune for preformance. Thats when you need to buy one thats programed to your car/engine.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Say Ronnie, NW visit, huh

Isnt that what the XCal loaner program is about? Using 2 locked Xcals to share with the FF members to datalog and find engine problems? http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=273312

I think any Xcal can hook to the focus and log data which if the log list is built right should be able to find issues wether a vacuum leak, fuel issue or what.

I think the ECU code is just for flashing the ECU to update the tune for preformance. Thats when you need to buy one thats programed to your car/engine.
Say Ronnie, you'al coming up to the NW for a visit, huh?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts