Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live up north near KCI airport but wouldnt mind driving to get this thing put on.

Tried to get my brother to help me but he doesnt think he can do it.

Ill pay some one to put it on.

07 SE has the duratec 2.0L we have the heat shields off and we took out all 3 o2 sensors so they arnt hard to get out.

Ive got a paved drive with good shade after about 2:00pm set of steel ramps, floor jack and jack stands. Also have a creeper to roll under the car if needed.

Car only has 51K on it, the bolts under the car seem pretty clean nothing is all rusted out.

The OBX header is wrapped and ready to install with the gaskets and the second o2 welded in.

If the hood has to come off i dont mind.

send me PM

This is what the flex pipe and stuff look like its pretty clean IMO

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
here you can bring your car on some of the Missouri auto repair shops that near you. there very good on what they do... try the 4 Aces Auto that could be near you..
Most shops wont put on a header i dont think?

The guy who welded the second bung on the header said he couldnt do it because it involves removing one of the cats which he could loose a license if an inspector walked in while he was doing it.

Ide rather pay a member who might need some extra money.

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
How come you can't do it? I've never done a duratec header before, but I've
done an spi and svt header multiple times. How much would you pay if I did it?

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im in a wheelchair, i could maybe do it if i had a lift. I can only reach about half the bolts on the top.

I dont have the strength in my arms any more to get down on the ground and back up in my chair. My elbows and shoulders cant do it any more.

I might of been able to 20 years ago but now i dont think i could do it.

How much would you want?

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
glad you got it taken care of. i would have offered to help, but just saw this now and hard to do much on my days off.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah im glad i finally got it put on, ive been looking at it sitting in my room for 2 months. That and the new AEM wideband. It was killing me i spent like $900. on all this stuff and couldnt use any of it. The SCT tuner really isnt any good without the header so i kinda wasted money there also.

Now i have to finish wiring the firewire to hook into the SCT thing and finaly get it all tuned!

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
Sweet, I was ready to jump in and see if someone else wanted to help you out with me (never done a Duratec but would have loved to) but glad Jed was able to help. He's a cool dude.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I havent but I am about to take that journey myself but with a zetec. I have a set of Stage II Comp Cams for my car that will most likely get put in this winter along with an 8lbs FS flywheel and a Zoom Stage III clutch.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So jealous! I love my family very much, but everyone needs to start the ramen diet so I can afford my toys! Haha
Posted via FF Mobile
LOL, ive been on that diet a few times. When i was collecting guitars i did it and this hobby isnt any cheaper.

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
the header is easier on a duratec than on a zetec, but cams are harder. requires a special tool to keep the timing lined up when you remove the timing belt. if the timing slips then you risk destroying the motor (and it is easy to do from what I've heard if you're not careful).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.