Focus Fanatics Forum banner

anyone wanna go to the track this saturday

943 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  JBrotbeck 
#1 ·
this saturday mysely and svtguy21 are going to the drag strip in lugoff SC let me know if you wanna go

#4 ·
Join the SCCA (under $65.00 per YEAR) and you could get into CMP (Carolina Motorsports Park) Sat-Mon to watch some wheel-to-wheel Road Racing! There are over 130 entrants so far. I will be working a corner doing Flagging & Communications. Come out and see the real thing before/after/if you don't go to the dragstrip. Lugoff is right next to Kershaw.

14 turns, 2.23 miles of sheer excitement!

CMP website

Supplemental Regulations for Memorial Monster SARRC Race

#5 ·
JBrotbeck said:
Join the SCCA (under $65.00 per YEAR) and you could get into CMP (Carolina Motorsports Park) Sat-Mon to watch some wheel-to-wheel Road Racing! There are over 130 entrants so far. I will be working a corner doing Flagging & Communications. Come out and see the real thing before/after/if you don't go to the dragstrip. Lugoff is right next to Kershaw.

14 turns, 2.23 miles of sheer excitement!

CMP website

Supplemental Regulations for Memorial Monster SARRC Race

Eh... I'll go if I can drive in it! ;-)
I want to go to some NASA track events, about $200-300 with an instructor, and after 3 sessions you get licensed can participate in time trials.

I plan on going to the drag strip this Saturday, just because I've never been and I want to try it once, even if straight lines are boring.

#6 ·
I work corners for four reasons:

1. Because they feed you three meals a day and either pay you, give you a gas card or hotel stay for working. There's ususally beer at the end of the day, too!

2. The brotherhood of people

3. Being close to the track

4. Learning the "racing line"

You all should try it sometime. Especially if you plan on getting on the track someday.

#7 ·
I really can't stand watching other people have all the fun, that's why I don't watch sports, or even auto racing on TV, but actually being there is always cool (I'll still be wishing I was driving, but anyway...)

I can't find any info on the website, do I have to join the SCCA to do it, or can I at least just show up and watch? If so how much are tickets and what time does everything get started?

#8 ·
Green flag drops at 8am. I'll be there at 7am.

You don't HAVE to be a member to get in, but you have to sign the waiver and wear the wristband they give you. If they give you any flack, just tell them you are John Brotbeck's crew member.

521 north from Sumter, through Camden. (If anyone is coming from Columbia, take I-20 east and get off at 521 north).
Track is @17 miles on your right after the last blinking yellow in Camden.
You can't miss it. Drive time: approx. 1 hour.

Registartion is closed for the race, but then again this a real race, not a HPDE (High Performance Driving Experience) or Time Trial. You wouldn't be allowed on track unless you have completed a driver's school and got your Competition License. Stay tuned for more info on track days. There's one at Roebling Road in Savannah June 17-18, FYI (HPDE).

Try this website:
Tarhell Sports Car Club (THSCC) June 17-18 event at RRR

Here's the supplemental info about this weekend (aka "The Supps"):
DLBRacing.com calendar

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.