Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, pretty new here and looking to get into the focus modding game. Love my car, it's a 2.0L N/A 2012 focus mk3 sedan. Here in Australia it's called the trend, which is equivalent to the SE for you Americans I think? Either way, just want to know if the
K&N Air Filter Assembly - KN57S4000
will fit my car.
Also, if there's any other Aussies here, do you have any advice on where to get car mods for our N/A mk3 focuses?

Thank you guys heaps for this amazing community, when I finally came across this site I was blown away by how many of us there were out there :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man, even if that fits, don't drop $529au on it. That's crazy expensive for just an air filter.
Thanks for the reply, appreciate it.
Yeah I most likely wasn't unless I found a really good deal on it, but more curious to know if it did fit. Are you from Aus? and do you have any recommendations on air filters for the mk3?

·
Registered
946 Posts
I'm in the US. If you want a K&N, just get the regular one for $60 US. I've had it in mine for years.

·
Registered
27 Posts
It does work and fit but it would only be worth it if you could get it for 1/5th of the price. We pay a high price for focus parts here in Aus. What I would recommend is waiting for a special at supercheap and getting the normal K&N filter which does 90% of the same stuff as what you linked but can be had around $80 if you are lucky. Combine with cashback and giftcards and mine was about $30.
You can talk to a ford dealer about trying to get the airbox from a focus RS but cost was about $250 last I heard, for that money I bought the whole cold air intake system here.
Mustang throttle body is a good quick upgrade, don't bother buying locally. The dealer quoted me $350 for the throttle body alone, I imported the body, the bolts, a gasket, taxed and shipped from america to here for $150.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I have this in my car. Or rather had it in my car, it gets up to 40c + here in China and the rubber joint deformed with the heat. I'm trying to souce just the open kn filter without the box. 2bh you won't see much difference. Nice intake noise but not as much as with the top of the air box off. cos there is a small side open on the end of the airbox furtherest from the engine. But that's quite a steep price, mine was much cheaper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts