Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2101 - 2120 of 2140 Posts

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
The track I primarily go to doesn't do any inspection for TNT.
No helmets required for my buddy's car that runs [email protected]
It is actually kind of nice not to have a bunch of hassle to run your car.
I don't think some safety equipment is a hassle especially for real fast cars. Do you just sign your life away running at this track? Do they have safety personnel on standby?

All NHRA certified tracks require a helmet if you go quicker than a 13.99,roll bar at 11.99 and then it gets serious. I had a 12 second Eclipse and ran it for a decade and never had issues with inspections.

Reactions: FFhb13

·
Torretto!
3,878 Posts
The track I primarily go to doesn't do any inspection for TNT.
No helmets required for my buddy's car that runs [email protected]
It is actually kind of nice not to have a bunch of hassle to run your car.
Wow... I mean it sounds good, but also bad because without basic safety measures in a 9 second car like helmets, something goes wrong and your chance of being a fatality goes way up

·
Registered
173 Posts
Wow... I mean it sounds good, but also bad because without basic safety measures in a 9 second car like helmets, something goes wrong and your chance of being a fatality goes way up
Yeah, for sure.
I am a believer that people should generally be left to make their own educated decisions and be accountable to themselves for their decisions. This applies where they only stand to hurt themselves and not others.

Once my buddy's car reached a point where he was trapping >130mph, I talked him into wearing a helmet. I watch guys run at that track all the time without helmets. My quickest car would only trap in the 125mph range and I never felt like it was particularly dangerous.

Reactions: Arco-Zakus

·
Registered
16 Posts
Good morning all,

I just wanted to share my experience as I recently changed to 93 octane. After I installed my Green filter my '15 Focus lost low end power and would hesitate at WOT. Installing the Mustang throttle body made it even worse at the low end and at WOT. My wife mentioned how her '17 3 cylinder Focus ran much better on 89 so I gave 93 a shot. I no longer have issues at the low end or at WOT. I do not believe that I gained any power, but the responsiveness has increased at the low end.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've gone from 87 to 91, then to 93. Good responsiveness, a little better mileage.
Then back down to 87. After using the 91 or better yet 93, I have no real desire to use 87 in it unless the higher octane is
too expensive.

May try 87 and a bottle or two of Octane booster.

·
Registered
173 Posts
You would be better off simply running 93oct straight out of the pump.

Reactions: cheap sleeper

·
Registered
246 Posts
My mpg calculator is no longer accurate. I don’t know what I was doing when I first switched to 91 that made it so accurate, but I guess I’m no longer doing it.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I've gone from 87 to 91, then to 93. Good responsiveness, a little better mileage.
Then back down to 87. After using the 91 or better yet 93, I have no real desire to use 87 in it unless the higher octane is
too expensive.

May try 87 and a bottle or two of Octane booster.
Octane booster is a hoax, good sir.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Not in Cali ?
I imagine Boostane to be less available per street corner than a standard higher octane gas. 93 isn't much higher than 91, so, 91 then. E85 is extremely scarce where I live, as in, 1 out of 300 stations, but, I still found 3 places within 10 miles of me that have it at the pump.
Just google '93 octane' in your area and cal around like I did.
You should find somewhere decently close to ya.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
It will push you to a 100 octane.
If you have a Fiesta ST like I do and you have a tune on it 93 is a lot better than 91. Even stock 93 is better. I live in the Southeast plenty of 93.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
246 Posts
The site won’t let me add a picture, but I used a 93 octane finder. I live in Carlsbad, the closest is in Indio. Which is 73 miles away.

Edit: there is a VP Racing 5 miles from me which should carry 100 octane, but no phone number listed with google.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
The site won’t let me add a picture, but I used a 93 octane finder. I live in Carlsbad, the closest is in Indio. Which is 73 miles away.

Edit: there is a VP Racing 5 miles from me which should carry 100 octane, but no phone number listed with google.
Beware that some of the VP racing 100 ((RON+MON)/2) octane fuels are leaded and for off road use only, and double check before going down that route on a car with a catalytic converter as the lead destroys them.

2101 - 2120 of 2140 Posts