Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my Focus has Sync, and from what I read, it also has the MyFord driver technology.... first, what is this? and second, does anyone know where I can get more info on how to use the system?

I've been using Sync and know pretty much most of the commands for that, but want to know if there are other commands to control other things in the car. My car DOES NOT have the Touch system, though (no touch screen), but as I said, I do have Sync.

My car is an SE Hatchback with the SE Sport Package, if that helps any.
The car also has the Rapid Spec 203A package installed (cruise + sync + Sirius/XM)

·
Registered
239 Posts
The MyFord stuff is just a marketing term for the junk you can get SMS'd to you through the syncmyride.com site. It's not very good IMO and is just a crude hack. If you don't have a phone that supports text message reading (one of the like 3 that do), then it's pretty much worthless.

·
Registered
132 Posts
So my Focus has Sync, and from what I read, it also has the MyFord driver technology.... first, what is this? and second, does anyone know where I can get more info on how to use the system?

I've been using Sync and know pretty much most of the commands for that, but want to know if there are other commands to control other things in the car. My car DOES NOT have the Touch system, though (no touch screen), but as I said, I do have Sync.

My car is an SE Hatchback with the SE Sport Package, if that helps any.
The car also has the Rapid Spec 203A package installed (cruise + sync + Sirius/XM)
The MyFord System as what I interpreted was the nickname for the dual 5-way controllers for the 2 4.2" LCD screens so you can command everything from your steering wheel. From several months of using the car, I definitely have rarely touched the center stack except to shut off the audio system & rarely for climate (got the automatic control). If you know the commands for the following you pretty much know the Sync Gen 1 system in full:

1) Services - Traffic, Directions, Information
-- Just got mine activated this week. VERY useful and accurate for the Traffic & Directions Info, other stuff is just stuff you can find on the web or AM radio.
2) USB (Ipod, Zune, Flash Drive)
3) Bluetooth
4) Phone
5) Line-In (which there only is one command, "Line-In" haha)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts